Purina Dentalife Chews Reviews

Ranked #64 out of 313 in Pet Products

3.2/5

June 13, 2017

Woof woof

I received a free sample in the mail, and called on our husky to provide some insight. He finished the large treat pretty quickly, which surprised me. I would have thought that such a large treat, with a foamy texture would have taken longer to get through, but in under 5 minutes it was gone. I bought a bag so I could let my older dog try them too, and she also devoured it pretty quickly. They both seem to enjoy them, I am just a little concerned that both dogs ended up with loose stools the next day. I think I will give them one a week until the bag is finished, and determine if the trend continues...

June 01, 2017

J'ai recu un échantillon gratuit de ce produit de la part de SampleSource et je vous fait part de mon avis. Ma chienne rafolle de ses gateries bucodentaires de Dentalife et moi aussi. Ses gateries enveloppent chaques dents pour enlever le tartre et je trouve que c'est un excellent ajout au brossage de dents grace a se texture originale. Le fait qu'elles soient sans colorants ni saveurs artificielles est vraiment important pour moi et pour la santé de ma chienne aussi. Bon produit de qualité.

June 01, 2017

I receive a sample of the Purina Dentalife Chews in a box from Sample Source. I immediately gave it to my testing partner, my dog Calvin. He really enjoyed it, and as I looked as his teeth afterwords, they were noticeably cleaner after just one chew! I since then have purchased a bag of them, and his teeth have never been cleaner! I highly recommend this product to any dog owner!

0.5/5

April 29, 2017

A friend gave me a bag and a half of these as her dog had recently had dental work done and had thrown up after having one. She assumed it was the surgery that made her sick. I was slightly reluctant to give them to my 2 dogs as I don't typically feed anything Purina. The first chew was fine for both but the second chew a few days produced vomit from both dogs. No food just bile and white chunks of these chews. My older dog threw up again a day later and still had white chucks of these chews. Never again. I contacted Purina to advise them of this issue and of course no contact back. I am very disappointed in the product and the company.

1.0/5

January 10, 2017

I purchased three bags last night due to the cost, however I gave one to my puggle and about an hour later she was disoriented and could not walk. She slept it off but got into the open bag the next day. I have just finished cleaning up puke number 6. I am hoping she has got them all out of her system. She is not well and am keeping a close eye on her. Never ever again will I buy any Purina product. The bag said all natural ingredients.......?

2.0/5

September 23, 2016

I received a free sample of this product to test. To begin with, the star shape does allow for the dog to clean its teeth, but that's about the only thing I found to be positive about this product. Compared to other dental chews, I noticed my dog had a harder time breaking this one down. He also kept sniffing it and was reluctant to eat it at times, which is really rare when it comes to the treats we give him. Not happy about the added preservatives, some of which are thought to be carcinogenic. I'll pass on buying these in the future.

2.0/5

July 03, 2016

I received this free from Sample Source. I do like that this chew did not have an odour, but that was the only thing. My dog is a chewer, and she demolished the stick in seconds, I think she bit off chunks and swollowed them whole. Her stomach was off and she didn't ear dinner that night. She ended up have the runs next morning. I will not be purchasing these again.

June 14, 2016

J'ai reçu ce produit de Purina pour tester de la part de Sample Source. C'est une gâterie quotidienne pour la dentition des chiens qui aide à réduire l'accumulation de tarte. Molly, mon border colley, les a adoré, elle ne se faisait pas prier pour les manger. Elle semblait beaucoup les apprécier. Je les rachèterai sûrement. De plus, Purina est une marque de confiance.

June 09, 2016

I'll let my dog judge these; so they were fantastic. She would crunch these down and could eat a whole stick in under a minute. In that sense I wish they would make one's that lasted longer and had more effect on the teeth. She would only eat them when she had people in the house, otherwise she left it at the door and waited until someone came home and she would snatch it and chew it up. So the taste is good, and the ease of little teeth biting it apart is good too.

May 04, 2016

Our Ridgebacks were tantalized by the smell of the DentaLife Chews immediately.

I could not smell anything, and the chews were not greasy on my fingers like other chews.

Our younger pup ate his in 30 seconds, and our older one played with his and 10 minutes later the chew was gone.

When I read the ingredients, they aren't up to our normal standards - with by-products and chemical products most people cannot pronounce

For our guys, I do not feel these chews will provide a lot of dental cleaning, but the happiness on our pups faces was worth the treat.