2.2/5
Purina Dentalife Chews Reviews
#132 in Pet Products

July 04, 2020
    United States

Never will give to my dog again

My dog has vomited two times and it was an hour after I gave him this treat. But the second time he had it, which is today while I’m writing this review, he has puked at least 20 times now and I’m debating going to the ER with him. Nothing else in his diet has changed but these treats. They will definitely be going in the garage!!

0.8/5

June 17, 2020

I feel like a bad doggie mom!

I bought these because my store was out of Dentastix....and he loved them.
    I didn't connect with the fact he started having major diarrhea. He was happy and bouncy...i switched his food to just rice and ground chicken. Nothing helped. Poor guy kept having to run outside straining and pooping mucus. Then I realized the only change in his diet were the Dentalife Chews...especially when undigested bits showed up in his last runny poop. One day off those chews and poop is normal again.

June 14, 2020

Causes Gastrointestinal Upset

I gave one of these chews to my 9 year old Bouvier Des Flander. She consumed the chew in under a minute. The next 4 days my dog was in severe pain. She would not stop pacing around the house because lying down hurt her stomach. Her stomach was also distended when touched. Not knowing why my dog was in pain, we took her to the vets and nothing showed up on her x-ray, and all blood tests came back normal. After a few days went by she was back to normal. Around 3 weeks after the pain subsided, we gave her another chew. This was when we realized it was the dental chew that was causing her pain. All of the same symptoms came back and she was in a lot of pain again. I highly discourage anyone from buying these. They're hard to digest.

March 31, 2020

A very sick pup, expensive vet bills - avoid at all costs!

It was a Friday and I had these in my pantry and decided to give my two Pomeranians a treat. Both of them ate them pretty fast. A few hours later my male Pom vomited twice. The next day he vomited 5 times, he couldn’t keep even chicken and rice down. My female dog also vomited once as well. Sunday they both seemed okay so we figured these upset their stomaches so we continued to feed chicken and rice. Monday came along and my male dog vomited again and I noticed a chunk of the bone come up (3 days later and not a bit digested). I took him to the vet as we suspected a blockage. We did xrays, bloodwork and meds, and an easy to digest food. $700 CAN later. We still aren’t out of the red zone for a blockage so we have to monitor. Buyer beware !

1.0/5

March 28, 2020

Caused Digestion Issues

Two days ago, I gave my dog her nightly chew but within hours she experienced diarrhea and vomiting. I thought maybe she got into something so I brushed it off and decided to only give her food yesterday, no treats. She was fine and even had a solid bowel movement. Today, I have her another nightly treat, and hours later, she is now sick again. Mind you, she seems fine, other that whining to go outside every 30 mins to have a loose bowel movement. I threw out the rest of her treats. Her regular brand is Pedigree Dental Chews. I am not sure why these suddenly disagree with her, it is strange. UPC code 55800 21636. EXP May 2021. It is a 1- piece bag.

January 07, 2020
    Florida, United States

Gave my dog dihreah

I was given a bag from a friend. My dogs loved them. After having several, my one dog developed dihreah with lots of mucus. It's been 3 days of continuously taking her outside to poop. The first day they looked like regular poops, a little runny but otherwise looked normal. She went like 10 times that day. Today she hasn't gone as often but what's coming out is almost pure mucus. I'll never be giving my dogs these again.

July 03, 2019
    New Brunswick, Canada

My dog’s fav!

My dog absolutely loves these dental treats! He sits every night waiting by the cupboard they are stored in. He goes crazy once that cupboard opens cause he’s so happy to be getting it. I like that it’s good for his gums and teeth and helps with plaque. I will always buy these for my dog!

June 25, 2019

Never again ...

I gave one to my dog yesterday evening and she became quiet and lethargic. She has vomited three times since giving it to her.
    Never buying again. I’m disillusioned that a reputable company like Purina would allow such garbage to be sold to the consumer. I stopped buying Purina a long time ago but thought maybe since they’re still around, they would have changed their practices. Clearly that has not happened. Seriously unhappy.

March 04, 2019

Gâterie pour chien

Mon chien l'a mangé en une minute, haha. Alors ils étaient fantastiques je crois. En ce sens, j'aimerais qu'ils durent plus longtemps et aient plus d'effet sur les dents. Donc, le goût est bon et la facilité de mordre pour un petit chien est sans problème. Je j'ai aucun problème à recommander à tous.

July 22, 2018

Mon chien adore

J’adore ce produit bien plutôt mon chien il est rendu vieux 11 ans alors s est parfait pour lui pas trop dure il en raffole merci
    Aussi offert en différent format de sac alors c est parfait