Schick Hydro Silk Razor Reviews

Ranked #6 out of 487 in Hair Removal

Schick Hydro Silk™ hydrates skin like no other razor can. This uniquely designed razor goes beyond an incredibly close shave to actually care for your skin. With Water-Activated Moisturizing Serum & 5 Curve-Sensing blades with skin guards to help protect skin from irritation, the Hydro Silk™ razor leaves skin feeling silky smooth! And it’s preferred over the leading 5 blade razor.

July 18, 2017

Silky smooth

This was a pricey shaver but worth it. Legs felt smooth !! I liked the easy handle, grip was good. Christmas presents this year. Definitely will purchase again!

June 25, 2017

Works well... but misses nooks/crannies. Why five blades????

I got this free from another website to try out. I usually don't buy 5-blade razors because they are so bulky, and don't get into nooks and crannies well (like the back of the knee...). This one was a pleasant surprise on a few levels.

Pros:
    - very close shave, leaves legs feeling smooth without added shave gel/cream/soap.
    - My after-shower moisturizer lasted way longer than usual, and my legs felt smooth for 1.5 days after shaving.
    - No heavy scents, non-irritating to general (smooth-surface, flatter) shave areas like lower leg.

Cons:
    - missed several spots where hair was longer (razor gunked up, and was difficult to rinse out for a second pass).
    - On areas where a 2nd/3rd pass was used to get all the hair, or more curvy areas, painful razor burn happened, and lasted much longer than the shave.
    - didn't get into the nooks and crannies (like back of the knee) well, probably because the razor head is so bulky. (moisturizing strips plus 5 blades = almost 1" of flat surface required to get a close shave).

June 07, 2017

I am pleasantly surprised at how much I am liking this razor! After trying many, many, many different brands and styles of women's razors in my lifetime, I have yet to find any that I like enough to stick with. I am constantly on the hunt for something better. This razor by Schick gives me a very close shave & the built in gel helps give a smooth glide, without needing any shaving cream. Stays sharp for a long time too!

June 06, 2017

J'utilise le rasoir Schick Hydro Silk à plusieurs occasions. Lorsque je suis vraiment pressé par le temps. Il est efficace et très doux sur les jambes et sans risque de coupures. Le rasage laisse la peau douce et hydraté.
    Les têtes de lames sont facilement rechargeables sans risques de briser la tête du manche, cela m'est arrivé assez souvent avec d'autres types de rasoirs.
    Si le temps me le permet et avec suffisamment d'énergie j'utilise un rasoir électrique qui enlève le bulbe du poil.

Je les recommande si vous êtes pressé !

June 06, 2017

This is hands down my favourite razor. The packaging sold me as it states "Clinically Proven for Lasting Hydration". I have extremely dry skin, so shaving my legs makes them even more dry! After using the Schick Hydro Silk Razor, my legs are silky and hydrated thanks to the Hydra Boost serum on the razor. The blades last a couple months before starting to get dull, and it is very easy to replace the heads!

May 26, 2017

I'm very picky about my razors. My skin can be rather persnickety about shaving, especially when it comes to ingrown hairs, which seems to be an issue worsening with age, but I digress.

I have tried and used several brands and varieties of razors, and Schick tends to always come out on top for me, from back to their 2 to 4 blade disposables, to the Intuition, to the Hydro Silk.

I've used both the refillable with trimmer model, as well as the disposable type, and they've both performed very well for me.

I find that there isn't an overly inhibiting "safety grill", which may help those prone to knicking themselves while shaving, but for me tends to result in a less effective and smooth shaving experience.
    I also love the little "beads" of added moisture and glide, although some may find these to result in a bit of a "gloopy" experience on occasion, and I wish they lasted longer - but they really do enhance the gliding during shaving as well as the exceptional silky smoothness post shave for me.

Compared to similar brands, I consistently have a much better experience with Schick; sharper blades, superior glide, a silkier result, fewer ingrown hairs, and even at a price a little lower than the most popular competitor.

May 15, 2017

I like this razor. I recieved a free one in my sample source box recently and dont have anything bad to say about it. I've used it on bikini line& underarms. Works good

May 15, 2017

I normally use men's razors as I find they give me a closer shave. I received this razor as a free sample in the mail. I am glad I did because I would not have normally purchased this. I loved that this razor glided smoothly and the blades lasted forever! You don't need to use shaving cream with this razor as it has a gel included on it. It saves a step in the shaving process! My legs felt smooth and soft, and not irritated after using this razor.

May 12, 2017

I normally wax, but since I'm trying out laser hair removal I can't wax anymore. I like Shick Hydro Silk because unlike regular, plain jane razors, it helps me avoid razor burn. It gave me a nice shave and my skin was moisturized and not irritated.

May 03, 2017

Ce qu'il y a de super, avec ce rasoir, c'est qu'il est confortable : il glisse sur la peau comme une caresse! waow comme c'est agréable! ce qui est moins bien, en tout cas pour moi, c'est qu'il coupe moins de poils que mon bic soleil habituel. à tel point que j'ai dû utiliser le bic pour vraiment faire le travail. à noter : sur les jambes, c'était correct, c'est au niveau des aisselles et du maillot que ça allait moins bien.