Tfal Actifry Reviews

Ranked #59 out of 198 in Kitchen & Appliances

0.8/5

June 16, 2017

Seriously misleading

I have been going back to the gym and eating healthier lately so I picked up the actifry as a way to have a healthier version of the foods I love. The first day I got it I tried green beans and all it did was make the beans soggy and limp. The french fries worked well and they were nice and crispy but they took a really long time to cook. The actifry dried out the homemade chicken strips I made and the rotating arm that moves the food around while it cooks knocked off all of the breading. Thank goodness the store I purchased from agreed to take it back for full refund as this was way too expensive to only make good fries.

May 29, 2017

I really like our Actifryer. It makes good quality home made French fries with only one spoon of oil, so its great that its healthier. The handle is very convenient for lifting the French fries out. I do wish that it didn't take so long to cook them. Its very slow.

May 25, 2017

What a great machine!! I absolutely love it and honestly don't know where its been all my life lol.Such a awesome contraption makes steaks,burgers and chicken come out fantastic and the French fries are the bomb I find as long as you pat them dry after cutting and washing them they don't become soggy.All in all what a great healthy option for healthy cooking.

March 17, 2017

The best things we've made with this fabulous new cooker are chicken wings and french fries. I love that the fries come out tasting crispy on the outside, like deep fried, yet with only a splash of oil. My husband just adds garlic, ginger & soy sauce to wings, and they are so delic! Frozen breaded wings don't turn out as well, the tossing tumbles most of the breading off.

March 07, 2017

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS! I got it as a gift. I am so impressed. It makes the best fries and chicken wings with out the mess and the deep fryer smell in your house

January 09, 2017

Absolutely love this product. Love how the fries taste and that they are healthier then deep fried. I wish that it made more as a family of 5 it takes two batches to feed us all.

1.5/5

December 28, 2016

We've bought two of these in the past year, both broke inside the motor. When it worked it was amazing and became the go to appliance in the kitchen. But sadly when the second one broke and we looked at the cost of sending it in for repair... It wasn't worth it. At $200 each, save your money, unless you are OK with only being able to use it for 6 months.

October 10, 2016

I have the older Actifry and I love it! I had it since 2011. I have used it for so many things.
    It cooks the best chicken wings and fries. It is like having a portable oven.
    I love how the fried chicken or fried anything comes out well. I have stopped using the paddle inside though as it ruins my chicken wings. The paddle is good to use when cooking fries though.

I have to buy a new one. The lid on mine broke. It is a little bog so storage is quite a challenge for this thing. overall. It works great and I'm glad it's now affordable compared to when it first came out.

July 19, 2016

We love our ActiFry! It's the best! It says most recipes call for only a spoonful of oil but honestly we cook french fries, wedges, onion rings, chicken wings, chicken strips and nuggets, and more without any oil at all. It's a super handy and convenient oven basically, and though I don't find it's the same as a deep fryer AT ALL, it works at cooking most things very well. If you're cooking things that are long (chicken strips, onion rings) they may get torn in half or squished. And if you're cooking things with a coating (chicken wings) they'll get stuck and burn a bit unless you do use oil. You also can't "deep fry" things like battered fish because it just won't work. BUT this thing is super handy and has made many meals in my household. It's healthier than deep frying, and easier than an oven because you don't have to flip things over.

July 06, 2016

This product can be a bit pricey but it has quickly become one of my favourite kitchen appliances! It makes the best "baked" potatoes - crisp on the outside & soft on the inside. We use it for all sorts of vegetables and have even made stirfries & chicken in it. Needs very little oil and you literally just have to close the lid and let the machine do the rest. Love that I don't have to keep going back to stir the dish I'm making!