The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA 2% Reviews

November 23, 2021

Not a fan

I had high hopes for this product but I honestly don't really like it. It burns my skin when I put it on and it's gritty and I don't like the texture of it.

October 16, 2021

Grainy consistency

I don't like the formula for this suspension. It's grainy and doesn't absorb into the skin well. I would have liked a more serum like formula that absorbs into the skin instead of sitting on it. That being said, I think it did help my skin with hyperpigmentation. It makes my skin look bright the morning after. I won't be purchasing this again but I'm definitely going to try another vitamin c product from TO and see if I can find better formula

1.8/5

September 25, 2021
    United Kingdom

Did nothing

I had high hopes for this product after hearing postovoe things from friends but basically this product did nothing for my skin unfortunately. I'm not keen on the texture and it Just left a greasy film on my skin after applying it.

July 04, 2021

Wanted to love it but…

I wanted to love this product like the others I’ve tried but I can’t get over the grit that’s in it. It’s almost like the more I try to rub it in into my skin it creates these little balls that just flake off. There def room for improvement of this product.

June 08, 2021

Amazing stuff!!

The Ordinary makes amazing products. This Vit C cream has done wonders for my acne prone skin. It softens built up debris and allows skin to purge. It stings if you any open areas, I like to follow with The Ordinary HA for a cooling effect.

April 22, 2021
    Saskatchewan, Canada

love

I'm on my second bottle! My skin can be sensitive with some products so I prepared myself for it to sting a little when I applied this vitamin C suspension, but it did not even tingle. The product is fairly thick and it can be tricky to apply, but I only use it at night, as a last step after cleansing and toning, and it has been working fine for me. I did notice if applied after another product (i.e.: serum) it did pill on my skin.
    My skin looks brighter after using this suspension for several weeks and it did not negatively affect it in any way.

Updated On: April 22, 2021

Edit: this review was meant for THE ORDINARY VITAMIN C SUSPENSION 30% IN SILICONE

April 18, 2021

Takes a bit of time, but it works!

I was wary of buying it due to the complaints that it burns but I do not have sensitive skin so I didn't feel that at all. It tingled a bit when I initially applied it on my face, but in a good way. The texture is a little gritty and oily but I wouldn't say it's hydrating at all. My skin is on the dryer side and I need to use a moisturizer as well. I personally use it before bed every night and my skin is slowly showing improvements. The biggest downside for me is the smell. It's weird but you get used to it after a bit.

March 11, 2021
    United Kingdom

In 4 days and results could be seen

I use the vitamin c cream nightly, alongside other Ordinary products. Within 4 days of using it (just the cream as I like to test individually before mixing with other creams or serums) I could see a noticeable difference in the red marks caused by scars and especially spots. Be careful not to get it in your eyes as it stings lots! I also use the ordinary hyaluronic acid and it’s the perfect combo for me

March 10, 2021

A bit gritty

I am in my early 50s and am just starting to incorporate Vitamin C into my routine, I tried this because the price was right and it has no scent. I did notice my skin was brighter after using this product for a few weeks but sometimes the grittiness of this product causes slight irritation. If you have sensitive skin may want to avoid this.

February 15, 2021

Great vitamin C product to add to skincare

For the value of this product, it does a great job at fading dark spots. However, for sensitive skin types, I would recommend trying another product with a lower concentration or using it twice a week until you build tolerance. This is perfect to apply in the morning before a moisturizer. It doesn't leave skin feeling oily.