Vachon Passion Flakie Apple Raspberry Flaky Pastries Reviews
#27 in Baked Goods

Flaky pastry combined with a filling of creme and apple-raspberry-flavoured confection.

La légèreté d'une pâte feuilletée alliée à une garniture crémeuse rehaussant le goût des pommes et des framboises.

December 31, 2018

Absolutely delicious

I received a coupon to redeem a box of Vachon Apple raspberry flakey's free to review from family rated and Canada Bread.It was like a trip back to my childhood eating the flakies. They are as delicious now as they were back then. The pastry was so fresh buttery and melted in your mouth. The Apple raspberry and white icing cream was the perfect balance to add together with the pastry. We had this with ice cream on Christmas Day for our Christmas Day dinner. My kids and husband loved the added treat of the flakey laying on top of our vanilla ice cream. I would recommend this product to all of my family and friends. The value was pretty good we got a box on sale for $2.

December 23, 2018

Obsessed

You know how there are certain foods that you can’t have in your house or you’ll eat the whole box? These are it for me. I’m not normally one for pastries but these have the perfect cream to pastry ratio so they aren’t dry. Every bite just melts in your mouth. I’ve had some of the other flavours, but I always go back to the original.

These are fairly inexpensive but Walmart always has the best deal.

**This product was given to me for free, but my review is my own.

December 20, 2018

The filling was delicious!

I was really looking forward to receiving the product or free, however I was a little dissapointed in it. The filling was delicious & while there was a fair amount in there I found there to be too much pastry surrounding it. I also wasn’t a huge fan of the pastry part, I found it too be too dry & flaky, I would have rather had a softer more buttery pastry. I did love that they were individually wrapped though so I can put them in lunches!

November 20, 2018

One of my favourite treats

My whole family loves flakies! I remember them being a little different as a child, a lot of sugar coated on top- it was great back then, but now I'm glad about the cut back in sugar in any little way. These always taste deliciously fresh, and are perfectly packaged for a quick lunch box snack (for kids or for mom!) The sale prices that go on for this product are phenomenal, and come up regularly. Even at regular price, though not ideal, it's still a great value. They have multiple flavours available, but we love the apple raspberry flavour. With the mouth watering combination of cream and fruit fillings all surrounded with a light flakie pastry - you can't go wrong with these boxed snack cakes!

November 14, 2018

chimiquement bon ;)

J'en achète souvent, malgré qu'ils goûtes chimique pas mal. Il y a un petit quelque chose qui fait que j'en ai souvent envie. Ils ne sont pas chère et goûtent bon la crème fouetté et les framboises avec la petite touche de sucre sur le dessus hummmm. Un bon petit régal cheap a votre porté.

November 14, 2018

I've loved Vachon Flakies since I was a kid,my treat!

If you really want something to pick you up and give you a little comfort or if your just having one of those days trust me this is what you need!❤️

June 27, 2017
    New York, United States

I've liked these since I was a kid. They consist of several layers of melt-in-your mouth flakey pastry filled with sweet cream and then a layer of apple and raspberry jelly. The combination of these flavors and textures is delicious. The only downfall is that they can be quite messy to eat.

You can often find these on sale at a deal of 2 for $5.

2.3/5

February 16, 2017

I used to really enjoy these as a kid. My friends mom always gave these to us as an after school snack. Unfortunately as an adult these just aren't the same. I find these taste very processed and leave a not so nice aftertaste. The crust is flakey but the majority of it crumbles and falls apart before making it into your mouth. Kind of disappointing:(

February 13, 2017

I have been enjoying Apple & Raspberry Crème Passion Flakies since my early childhood. The delicate tender crust filled with cream and a raspberry / Apple fruit blend is just plainly delicious.

July 22, 2016

I love these flaky pastry squares that have a creamy filling with raspberry and the outside is rolled in a sugary coating. My whole family loves them and I do too.