VH Indian Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce Reviews

Ranked #135 out of 159 in Pasta & Pasta Sauces

June 10, 2017

No authentic flavour to this at all. It's too sweet (tastes almost like ketchup or tomatoes) and tastes too fake. I really don't see myself buying this again in the future...

June 10, 2017

Oh what a disappointment this product is to the Indian community. It taste nothing like butter chicken. It taste like ketchup mixed with sugar . Never buying this again.

2.7/5

June 10, 2017

I usally love VH!!! But im not overly crazy on the butter chicken sauce... I find It leaves a weird after taste!! I Am not against it.... But it surely wouldnt be my go to one!! Bahh

January 17, 2017

I received a sample packet of this. I am not a huge fan of butter chicken so I wasn't expecting much. It actually was pretty good. It's a mild flavor, easing to prepare, basically dump it in the chicken. My husband really enjoyed it, so I may buy again. It serves about 2 servings, if you want it well coated.

0.5/5

January 04, 2017

This is the grossest thing I ever ate in my life. It's composed of tomato and sugar taste like an Indian infused ketchup. Somethings just can't be replicated that requires scratch cooking. Those of you who give it five stars must of had their taste buds removed at birth.

September 22, 2016

This cooking sauce is the easiest and best tasting way that I have found to make butter chicken at home. It is very simple to use, and also lends itself well to other dishes. Whenever I make butter chicken with the VH Indian Butter Chicken Cooking Sauce, it is a bit hit. Everyone thinks it tastes great, and it really is a cheap alternative to ordering out.

September 09, 2016

I love Indian food of all types, but making it at home from scratch takes a lot of time and a lot of expensive spices. The VH butter chicken sauce tastes just like what you get from a restaurant, but nothing will ever be as good as what "daadee" makes. It couldn't be easier to cook - you literally just throw it in the saucepan with your chicken or whatever. I like to add a bit of diced onion and a bit of butter. This is on my list every time I go to the grocery store!

June 15, 2016

I was given this to sample, which was a good thing because it's just not something I would have ever thought of buying. To my surprise it was very good! It has a nice buttery flavour, not too strong. The sauce is a nice thick sauce. The directions are fool proof, very easy to follow and make. I will probably pick this up again, with a coupon because it is pretty expensive.

May 30, 2016

I also got this as a sample and I loved it. Although I am a fan of butter chicken. I found it easy to follow instructions and I intend to but this in the future

May 30, 2016

As many others did, i got this one as a sample and proceeded to use it pretty well right away. It so came in handy and it made up a great stir fry with my chicken and veggies.