Bare Minerals SPF 15 Matte Foundation

Bare Minerals SPF 15 Matte Foundation Reviews

Ranked #421 out of 595 in Foundation

January 05, 2016

I use this product every day and love the way it looks and feels

January 05, 2016

Pros: light weight powder foundation, easy to apply, good coverage, natural look
Cons: small amount of powder for the price you pay

September 29, 2015

This is currently my daily holy grail powder!!! First discovered it through family members a few years back and have purchased it continuously. It's light coverage, but seeps into your skin so well that it makes the skin look effortlessly flawless throughout the day without feeling like you're even wearing any makeup! Price is average at Sephora - comparable to MAC's studiofix. I totally recommend this powder.. It's just perfect for a quick every day routine. I'm usually NC35 at MAC so I get the shade "light" for wintertime when my skin is more paler and the shade "medium beige" for the warmer season.

November 11, 2014

I have receive this foundation as a gift at sephora in the color Fairly light. I like it! I use it as a powder under bb Cream when I want a better cover or as is when I want something more powdery.

June 18, 2013

I have oily skin, so when I heard that mineral based foundations are the best for my type of skin, I went to type this product. It has SPF 15, so it's great even during the winter time when you still need to protect your skin from UV rays! I love that it feels light on the skin, and doesn't feel bulky. I did not have any concerns with this product, it was a bit pricey but it did what it stated it would do, so that's why I gave it the great ratings.

April 30, 2013

A must-have for acne prone skin!

August 31, 2011

loved it
it covers great
easy to use
not cakie looks so good like im wearing nothing

November 14, 2009

I am, like most women out there, a big fan of BE foundations. I have been using the regular BE mineral foundation for the last two years. I have good success with it, and love the fact that it's free of harsh chemicals.

So, naturally when the matte formula came out last summer ( I believe it was then that I first saw it advertised) I wanted to try it because I suffer from an oil slick of a T-Zone, esp. in those humid summer months. I ordered it online (Sephora), and was not let down by the product at all. I like the new design where you can click open the dispensing area, closing it again when you are done, but I don't find that it's absolutely fool proof for spillage. Whatever product you haven't used is usually left sitting on top, and it's hard to get it back into the little tub again. However, a great improvement on the packaging just the same.

I am finding with the new matte formula I get more coverage with it, it seems to provide more of that flawless look everyone is after. It's almost as if the matte formula is more dense than the regular BE. Now for the oil absorption factor:.....I have to say it does give me a matte finish for almost all of the day, I still get a little bit of shine near the end of the day, but no where near what I was experiencing before. I didn't give the formula 5 stars just for this reason, and I realise everyone is going to experience different levels of oil control with it, some better than others. I can experience a very oily T-Zone at times and it can be hard for any make-up to contend with that.

I give the foundation itself 5 stars because it's not full of harsh chemicals and scents, and it does help to control shine very well. But the packaging still leaks and spills even with the new "Click Lock Go" component, so I won't be putting it in my make-up bag to take with me. I use BE's refillable kabuki brush for that. Price?...well, this matte formula is worth it, and I have paid a lot more than that for foundations that didn't perform half as well on me as this product does.

I am really happy with it overall, glad I purchased it and will continue to use it to help give me an even matte complexion. There's really no hints to give about using this formula, just apply it exactly as you would any of BE's mineral foundations. I did notice the other day that it is now available at Shopper's Drug Mart Beauty Boutiques too....which is awesome!

Updated On: November 14, 2009

Forgot to click "YOUBETCHA!!!" for Recomendation.....I REALLY LIKE THIS STUFF!!