bareMinerals Matte Foundation Reviews

Ranked #366 out of 595 in Foundation

July 06, 2016

If you're a fan of powder foundations you'll instantly fall in love with bareMinerals foundation. I never get tired of it! This loose-powder foundation gives a smooth and soft finish with just the right amount of coverage without weighing you down. The matte formula absorbs excess oil without drying out your skin and minimizes the appearance of pores. It is marketed as a foundation with SPF 15, however you definitely still need to apply a proper moisturizer with SPF to ensure a full sun protection. The packaging is great too because unlike many other brands bareMinerals offers a closure so the powder doesn't spill everywhere keeping it mess-free. To apply I just tap a bit of product into the inside of the cap and apply with a Kabuki brush.

March 08, 2016

This makeup is great, the best I've ever used! I love how easy it goes on, how it covers up my own little imperfections and it last all throughout the day!

February 05, 2016

I like this powder foundation. The matte finish is just perfectly soft and even. I use this powder with a flat round brush and it does a good job. I can even where this as a fixing powder on top of my liquid foundation and it doesn't look caky.

September 29, 2015

bareMinerals is my first choice for foundation. The matte is not so glittery or sparkly. Other brands of mineral makeup made my skin shimmer too much. This matte powder helps control oil and covers blemishes well. I watched the infomercials for years before trying it. It is available at department stores and has its own stand alone store.

August 12, 2014

Love it ! My oily skin never looked better !

June 17, 2014

I was going to a very humid country and this was recommended and worked famously - it did not melt off my face.

October 19, 2013

I love the bareMinerals foundation. It's not cheap, but it provides great light weight coverage that for my skin (combination to dry) skin work very well. It looks natural and evens out my skin tone and as long as you don't over load it, it gives a nice natural looking glow.

1.5/5

August 21, 2013

BareMinerals are expensive, and are the worst ripoff! I used this product for years, thinking I wasusing the product wrong when I came across a similar product called Korres that lets you put on the makeup the exact same way. I found out that it was not me, but the poor quality products of BareMinerals!!

June 02, 2012

this is one of the better mineral foundations i've tried. the coverage is very buildable and the product itself is lightweight, allowing skin to breathe. my only problem with bareminerals is that it's such a hassle and so time consuming.. buff, swirl, tap, etc. ugh! i prefer my pur 4 in 1 mineral foundation to this because it's easy -- buff on to the skin all over and your good to go. bareminerals is definetely great though and more gentle -- so i'd recommend it for even the most sensitive of skin. after using this vs. my regular liquid foundation for about a week, i noticed a drastic improvement in my skin.