LUSH Cinders Bath Bomb Reviews

Ranked #454 out of 843 in Bath & Body

November 03, 2015

I loved this product. My bath was calming and enjoyable and the bath bomb left my skin lightly scented for hours and incredibly soft. The downside to this products was that it left the bath water a yellow colour that completely stained my bathtub. While I loved the product, it staining my tub (not even Method bathtub cleaner or Scrubbing Bubbles AND two Mr. Clean Magic Erasers could get rid of the stain), and ruined any chance of using this product again.

May 11, 2015

I actually got a dud. It wouldn't fizz in the tub, so I returned it. I don't know why I even bought it because I'm not a huge fan of the smell.

September 08, 2014

I quite like this bath bomb. It fizzes slowly and I can hear a crackling sound when I use it. It smells pleasantly spicy but does turn the water a dingy sort of yellow colour. I use it every year on Christmas eve!

1.5/5

March 13, 2012

I was not expecting much from Cinders but it still managed to disappoint me. Despite the smell being described as "smooth fruity scent with a touch of spice", it smells absolutely nothing to me in and out of the bath.

Once dropped in the bath, Cinders does fizz pretty slowly compared to other bath bombs I have tried, which I find quite enjoyable as I feel I get more out of the product and it's just fun to watch. I could not hear any crackling/popping noises though but no, I did not dip my head underwater.

This bath bomb turns the bath water an interesting pee-yellow - OK, maybe a little brighter - which can bother some but I don't really care about the color of my bath water. It's not the most relaxing color but anyway. Also, Cinders did not leave my skin soft or anything, which is the most important thing to me when using a bath product.

I really wanted to think that this bath bomb disappointed me because it was old, but from what I have read on other blogs and on MakeupAlley, I'm not the only one who did not enjoy my experience with Cinders. Because this was a gift and it's limited-edition, I could not find the price but if it comes back next Christmas, please don't waste your money on this bath bomb anyway!

January 08, 2010

Supposedly this bath bomb is supposed to "crackle" in the bath, but this feature was nonexistent for me. Perhaps I received a dud? Who knows. If I get this again next year (assuming it's still around) then I'll definitely be watching the [vegan] pop rocks more closely.

For such a small bath bomb, I was surprised by the colour and scent (orange) that came from it - much stronger than I thought it'd be.

Note: Holiday

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

jujusamples has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Khaleesi86 has posted in the forum topic
Gelaze

TiaQ added a new review for
Baby Cubes - 70 ml