St. Tropez Bronzing Tanning Mousse Reviews

Ranked #112 out of 130 in Self-Tanner

December 20, 2015

I somewhat recently tried the St. Tropez dark tanning mousse and it is honestly the best self-tanner I have ever tried! I was hesitant to purchase this product at first because of the price, which is about $50-$60 for a 200ml bottle where I live in Canada, especially since I didn't know how well it would work. One of the sales associates talked me into it as they had used it before and new a lot about it and I have never turned back since! This product is to be used as a one-time application that will greatly darken over time; it is best to use at night and shower off in the morning. If you want to be darker than do a second coat the next night although I doubt you’ll need it!
Here are some of the awesome points this tanner has against other brands I have tried:
• I was concerned about how much tanner I would actually get since it was a mousse but was pleasantly surprised by how far one bottle goes. I have been using regularly for about 4 months and I’m only on my second bottle as a 5’5’’, average weight woman.
• St. Tropez uses a unique greenish coloured base and guide that makes it easier to see where you’ve applied as well as where blending is needed. This green colour also counteracts the ingredient in tanners that can leave you looking orange, so you can be sure your tan will look natural and brown
• It works with your skins natural pigments to darken to a colour your skin naturally would so you don’t have to worry about the colour being too dark if you are naturally fair skinned (I am very pale naturally so I know from experience).
• It is very fast drying. When applying tanner its best to start from the feet up to avoid creasing so that’s my go to method; by the time I am normally finished applying completely, my bottom half is dry and I can start getting dressed. If you dry in front of a fan you can be dry in like 2 minutes!
• Although some of the guide coat does come off onto clothing and sheets, it doesn’t stain. I would still advise against using white are very light colours though lol.
• Like most tanners it’s advised you use a tanning glove to apply so it goes on evenly and they help smooth out streaks. One of the best things I’ve noticed is this tanner goes on very evenly even if you can’t buff every line; as long as the tanner touched the skin you’ll be fine! I find this fact one of the best since I have trouble, like most people, reaching my back entirely and being able to apply evenly there so this helps a ton!
• Showers off nicely the next morning, I lightly rub my skin with my hands to make sure I get it all off and that’s it. So far nothing ever to correct the morning after!
• Tan lasts about 7-10 days depending on how often you shower and exfoliate. Be sure to exfoliate regularly as you would other tanner so it fades evenly; I normally reapply every 7-10 days and no issues yet with blending!
• I also suggest putting lotion on toes, knees, elbows, hands, and the creases of your wrists and elbows. This is because these areas are normally drier than the rest of your body and take the tan in differently which can make those areas look blotchy so this will make sure those areas look blended.
• If you’re concerned about putting it on your face and it being too dark: I haven’t had any issues with it but if you can leave it on for a shorter amount of time than the rest of your body and adjust with makeup.
I have now been consistently using this tanner for about 4 months now and I’m glad I made the switch! It is very much worth every penny spent and unless another company can give me this result for a better price I won’t be changing anytime soon.
***PS*** I just want to note I don't have a picture of my own personal before and after because my lighting in my house doesn't do any justice to the tanner but I found one online from someone else using this product that had the exact same result as me. I don't take any credit for that picture but i honestly couldn't have given you a better example if I had taken it myself so kudos to the original poster!

June 18, 2015

This is the best self tanner on the market right now and believe me I have tried them all!! This bronzing mousse is meant to be applied with the self tanning mitt also by St. Tropez and I highly recommend using it for an overall smooth tan. This product doesn't smell bad once activated on the skin and it delivers great colour! It works great on the face too! Love love love :-) ❤️

May 28, 2015

It is a bit pricy but worth every penny of it! The best one I've used in my life, the color is perfect (one lighter shade and one darker)

January 05, 2015

I usually tan in a tanning bed, however, over the holidays I was quite ill and had no time to keep up my tan. I had already bought a pretty pink dress for New Years Eve, but it didn't look right without a tan. I decided to try the St. Tropez Bronzing Tanning Mousse. It came with an application mitt that kept my hands from getting overly tanned from applying the tanner. It also made reaching my entire back easier! The mousse was super easy to apply and spread easily, evenly and without streaks! There was no mess, as it is a lightweight mousse and is not "drippy."

The color, once applied, is a beautiful golden tan. There is not a hint of orange!!! It did not come off on my clothing and even after 5 days, when it started to fade, there was no blotchy-ness or orange tint.

I love this product and would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone looking for a self tanner!!

December 05, 2014

This is the only self tanner I use so it is hard for me to compare to other self tanning products. I apply with the recommended mitt which I've used over and over again, washing after each use. This provides a perfect bronze glow (I have only used it on my legs) It lasts a couple days. CAUTION: After application, make sure you do not get the area wet! I went to do dishes and a splash of water went on my legs and it "stained" the leg. Although it was subtle,, I still noticed it and it bothered me.

October 24, 2014

Make sure when buying this product you also buy the glove that is made by the same company! By using the glove it ensures an even streak-free tanned look especially on the larger areas of the body! I use a small round makeup sponge to apply it on my face. I would DEFINITELY recommend this product and have to many people already! It gives you a flawless look & the results are very similar to getting a professional spray tan(but in the comfort of your own home).

October 22, 2014

This stuff dries quick! Go one pump at a time and work in small sections of the body so you don't get streaks. Mousses have a colour guide, meaning they provide an instant tan, which must be washed off at least 4 hours after application. Take note that the colour guide will transfer onto white clothing or sheets, but can be washed off. Avoid silk and polyester since they will stain. It's also important to shave, exfoliate and moisturize before applying your mousse tanner. I can get around 5 days of tan from one application. Wash the mitt with mild soap and warm water to leave it fresh and free of bacteria. I love using Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in peppermint.

May 21, 2014

This stuff is a miracle worker!!! Iam pretty fair skinned and do not tan naturally at all. Summers are brutal ...pasty skin or red burns are not that attractive in the summer. I tried this stuff as a last attempt after so many tanners turned my orange and streaky. WELLLLL......this stuff worked it made me looked tanned and natural not overly tanned . I smelled amazing compared to others.

October 17, 2012

This stuff is top of the line, no nonsense tanner. I love it because it's easy to apply and see where you apply it, and if you miss a spot its ok because you won't notice unless it's a HUGE spot you miss because this stuff gives you a golden bronze brown look not the typical orange gold look of most self tanners. This stuff is awesome and worth the prize for a special event but far too expensive to use daily.

June 16, 2007

What I have read about this mousse is true - it does give a natural brownish tan, with no hint of orange. Application was easy due to the tinted mousse, as you could see any spots that you might have missed. Color developed within three hours, and the yucky DHA smell wasn't as bad as other products I have used. My only caution with this mousse is to use some latex gloves to apply it - it WILL turn your cuticles a strange brown color, even if you scrub well afterwards and use a tan remover. So do yourself a favor and use an applicator or gloves to put this on.

jcb75 has posted in the forum topic
What is your favourite Christmas song?

laurelkubecki added a new review for
A & W Rootbeer

White Hot Chocolate

laura2423 has posted in the forum topic
Top 5 AFFORDABLE makeup brands!!

DID YOU KNOW?? CHRISTMAS FACTS

TiaQ added a new review for
Q-tips Cotton Swabs