The Magic Bullet Reviews

Ranked #485 out of 540 in Misc

Magic bullet high speed blender mixer system - power base with stainless steel cross blade and flat blade/tall and short bullet cups/shaker/steamer tops/stay-fresh lids/four mugs with colored lip rings/100-page magic bullet, 10 second recipe book. The magic bullet replaces a food processor, blender, and coffee grinder. Yet it occupies only the space of a coffee mug. It stays handy on your countertop for instant meals and snacks. There are no buttons to push. Just load the ingredients into the short cup, the tall cup or one of the four mugs. Twist on the cross or flat blade, place the bullet on the power base, and press down - in seconds, you'll have chopped onions, minced garlic, grated cheese, spaghetti sauce, salsa, soup, chicken salad, smoothies, shakes and more. To heat or chill, simply place the magic bullet cup or mug in the microwave, refrigerator or freezer.

March 11, 2016

I am not impressed with my Magic Bullet. Considering how popular it is, I thought it would work a lot better. Even when I make something simple like smoothies there are always clumps left in the bottom, no matter how thick or thin it is. I often have to shove a spoon in to dislodge and mix. The flat blade used as a coffee bean grinder or whatever doesn't work great either. Thankfully it is fairly inexpensive or it would have been a total waste of money.

November 05, 2015

This is a very average product. Disappointing, really. Not as great as ads made it seem. Doesn't blend things very well. Better off getting a real blender.

September 02, 2015

Easily my favorite kitchen gadget. I drink smoothies every morning for breakfast and using the magic bullet makes it so much easier. You can make your drink right in the cup, put a lid on it, and take it to go so it rocks in my books. Super east to clean too by just putting it in the dishwasher. Yay to no more bulky blenders in the morning.

June 18, 2015

These are a handy product, but I've found them largely unreliable. If you're just a student looking for a blender to use for a year or two, these are a great price/size etc. But if you're looking for something that will lst or need frequent usage this isn't the one.

June 13, 2015

I love my Magic Bullet. I've had it for about 6 years and it still works great. I mainly use it for making smoothies and it is the perfect size for a single serving. I've also used it to make pasta sauces and things like that. I think it works great and always blends the ingredients well.

January 15, 2011

I had my bullet for about 6 years until it finally died on me about a week ago. I used it for baby food the most. It's great for whipping cream, it takes about 30 seconds! Not as good when you are chopping food though. It tends to mush it up even when you are pulsing. It's a great little gadget and very handy and easy to clean. I am definitely going to buy another one!

January 13, 2011

I had the magic bullet with me while living away from home at University. Yes, it is nice that the container is small so you can make a one-person portion. And yes, it was handy at first that the container you blend in doubles as a mug (even though I found bits of smoothie would get caught in the rim and be impossible to get out).

But I really don't think this product is anything special. I'd much rather just use a really great full size blender that has larger and sharper blades. I often found large chunks of fruits in my smoothies -- which I must add I NEVER have now that I've switched to a regular full-sized blender.

I also found that after about 6 months of using it regularly, it started to make funny sounds when it blended. From there is slowly started breaking down. The day it started to smell like rubber after use was the day I tossed mine.

I'd say this product is mediocre. The craze can really be attributed to the good marketing techniques (don't tell me you don't remember those infomercials). I would not purchase again.

January 13, 2011

I received 22-pc set from my in-laws one year for Christmas, who bought it from an infomercial on a special deal. I mention this because I'm happy they didn't pay full price (which at the time was $99 CAD).

From the infomercial this really seems like the ultimate tool - blender, chopper, grinder, juicer, etc. And on a few of those tasks, it really does live up to the hype. It's effective and cleanup is a snap because the smallish components are quickly assembled/disassembled and easily fit in the top rack of my dishwasher. I love using it for smoothies, creamed soups, jams, baby food, and anything that's a little more liquidy.

But the recipes I was most excited about from the infomercial - guacamole, quesadillas, chicken salad, less liquidy baby food, etc - were complete flops because they stuck to the blades or sides and half of the ingredients remained completely intact while the rest was pureed (and not in a good way). Chopping cheese? Puhleeze (sorry about the rhyme)! The juicer is also a bit of a let down, and I almost never use it.

However, the motor is well powered and I like that there are 2 different blades (chopping and grinding), so I do use this quite a lot for certain tasks. I've had it now for probably 5 or 6 years and it's still in perfect condition.

I do recommend this machine, but don't allow the infomercial to mislead you. I don't know how they manage to demonstrate so convincingly on TV what is such an utter let down in real life - there are no additional tips in the recipe book that helped me figure that one out.

January 12, 2011

I received the Magic Bullet as a gift and was really exicted to use it for smoothies. I received the 22-piece set, which comes with grinding and blending/chopping blades, multiple portable cups, tall cups, short cups, and blender.

It's sort of hit and miss, as it works wonders on certain tasks but falls flat on others. It can't crush ice at all, and makes a real mushy egg salad (even from the Magic Bullet recipe book), but I haven't had any issues with any other foods. I ground up flaxseed and it worked like a charm, and a regular smoothie containing frozen berries, bananas and such turn out great.

I definitely don't think it works as great as the company claims, but if you understand its pros and cons prior to buying it, I think you will be happy with the convenience of it.

Neuven added a new review for