Vicks VapoRub Topical Ointment Reviews

Ranked #2 out of 475 in Remedies

Vicks VapoRub ointment is the #1-selling branded children’s cough/cold product. The ointment is applied gently to the skin with your loving touch, and is safe to use on children ages two and up, when used as directed. It contains medicated vapors that start to work on contact to quickly relieve your child’s cough. In addition, it is not likely to cause drowsiness or jittery side effects. For more information, check out their site.

October 21, 2016

Any large family needs this product in their bathroom cabinet.
Sooths and relives all the kids coughs and sniffles. Helps them relax and sleep better. I almost feel like the cold spreads less once vicks ointment is out and applied.
My kids just ask for it now when they feel the symptoms coming on.

October 19, 2016

I used to hate this stuff when I was a kid, but every time my mother used it on me it worked. I remember my sinuses clearing up right away and my chest warming up and putting me to sleep. The bad part is the smell....it lingers and feels like glue. But, it works and that's important.

October 09, 2016

This is a staple in our medicine cabinet. Wives tale or not, I swear if you put this on your babies feet and then cover with socks, it makes their cold disappear so quickly. I used this when I was little and have continued to sue throughout the years. I recently read that vicks also helps with cystic acne so I gave it a go...um hello?! what the, the pimple was almost half the size in the morning and in a few days was gone entirely. I wouldn't suggest putting all over your face, but if you need quick relief try it out!

October 06, 2016

In my household this is the go-to for any kind of sickness. Throat's feeling itchy? Vicks. Have a cold? Vicks. Have a fever? Vicks. It is a staple to feeling better. The way I use it is around my neck with emphasis behind my ears and downwards. When applying it here, I try to apply slight pressure in a downward motion. If needed, I put a little over my chest too and if I have a stuffed nose, I apply VERY little around my nostrils cause it can burn. I do this all before sleeping and when i sleep I'll try to wear a hoodie or wrap a scarf around my head and neck to keep that area warm. I would do this max for 2 days because using it too much also isn't personally good for me.

September 29, 2016

C'est un classique à avoir dans sa pharmacie quand on a la grippe ou le rhume. Le produit débouche vraiment bien le nez et dégage mes sinus avant de dormir.

September 29, 2016

This is a must have for cold and flu season!!!!! we use it all the time as its great for a stuffed nose and a bad throat and ad chest....it amazing.. its a must have

September 29, 2016

This is a must have during the fall and winter season. My kids all get colds and I rub this on their chest at bedtime. At least they have a better night then and aren't up coughing the whole time.

September 23, 2016

seriously the savior of any cold. Feel a cold coming on? Slather it on your feet before bed followed by some thick socks and youll wake up 100% better. Already have a cold? same thing but also apply to your back and chest and youll wake up better!!

September 23, 2016

My hubby calls me the Queen of Vicks because I slather it on everynight before I go to bed. I started using it for my allergies, but now I just love how peaceful it helps me breath. I do have asthma and the menthol does not irritate, in fact it helps. I use it on my cracked feet too!

Updated On: September 23, 2016

I forgot to mention that is helps with athlete's foot apparently, my mother swears by it!

September 23, 2016

I'm sick with a nasty cold right now which reminded me how much I love this stuff. My mom used to apply it to my chest when I was little and fighting a cold, and now I apply it under my nose right before bed. It really does work. It's cheap and effective. Love.

Ssamson22 added a new review for
Milkbone Brushing Chews

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
Advent calender

jujusamples has started a new forum topic
Beauty Products

KieliAnne has posted in the forum topic
SINGLE AT CHRISTMAS

KieliAnne added a new review for
Lysol Disinfecting Wipes

Khaleesi86 has posted in the forum topic
Gelaze

TiaQ added a new review for
Baby Cubes - 70 ml