AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion Reviews

AmLactin Cream is a special formulation of 12% lactic acid, neutralized with ammonium hydroxide, to form ammonium lactate that provides a cream pH of 4.5 - 5.5. Lactic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid, has been reported as an effective, naturally-occurring humectant in the skin. It has beneficial effects on dry, scaly skin and itching associated with this condition

November 02, 2017

Super moisturizing

This lotion is great. My skin is super dry and this lotion is very affective at keeping I moisturized all day. There’s no greasy feeling that I usually get with lotions. It absorbs quickly. I definitely recommend this product. Great value for the money.

May 20, 2017

I have a lot of sun damaged areas on my skin. I was diagnosed with psoriasis many years ago and assumed the new lesions were that. Amlactin really helps on those areas without the use of steroid creams. Excellent product.

April 23, 2015

I have been using this lotion each night on my arms, and it has made a big difference in my keratosis pilaris. I still have some bumps (after about 2 months of using it), but they're significantly decreased. My arms are also less red. I find this lotion absorbs fairly quickly. It doesn't smell great, but not terrible, either. It can get pricey, but watch for deals. It is sold at Costco, too.

2.8/5

October 27, 2013

I got a free sample of amlactin although the consistency was runny, it did seem like it stayed on the skin longer and it did temporarily relieve my dry skin it didn't last long. Idid like that there wasn't a strong smell to it.

1.5/5

September 12, 2010

AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion —

I was thrilled to get a free bottle of AmLactin from website that I am a member of and I anxiously awaited for the delivery of my sample. After hearing many positive things about the product I was ready to jump in with the testing.

Overall I was very disappointed with this product. The first thing that struck me was that the consistency of the lotion was thin and quite runny. I also found that the scent was unpleasant during application and that odor lingered on the skin afterwards. This product is definitely NOT unscented as I have read in some reviews. I would describe it as a light medicinal scent. The lotion also left me hands extremely sticky and tacky feeling. I fought the urge to wash my hands after apply the lotion thinking that I needed to give it a chance to work but there were several times I gave i because the feeling was just too gross.

After using the product for a couple of weeks I really haven't noticed a difference in the softness or moisture level in my skin. I used the lotion on areas that are extremely dry and rough - such as my heels and elbows - as well as on other areas that are less dry but I cannot tell a difference.

I normally use Gold Bond products and they work very well. I think I will stick with those product for not.