Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cakes Reviews

Ranked #390 out of 450 in Ice Cream

March 17, 2017

Very tasty and good for parties. The icing is not too sweet but has the fondant flavour. Nice how you can choose and customize your flavour. A bit on the expensive side

March 13, 2017

This used to be my go to place but in recent years the quality and cost seemed to outweigh each other. The fudge on the cakes are less and the ice cream tastes mostly of sugar.

June 01, 2014

HORRIBLE! My praline, vanilla, combination cake which cost a fortune ($40.00) for some reason tasted like mint. This is the second time I pre-order a cake and it tasted like mint. I don't know if they accidentally use the same scoop of they get the ice cream mixed up with the other ones but it is a huge disappointment (we all hate mint flavouring) and I have completely x'ed Baskin Robins from my list of places to order cakes. Not to mention the LOWSY BAD MOOD people that own and operate the franchise!! The whole experience is ruined for me at Baskin Robins!

March 14, 2014

I absolutely love Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Cakes. I have purchased two cakes for my sibling's birthdays for the past ten years! I live close to a Baskin Robbins location and have always ordered the cake in store with very friendly customer service at the Humbertown Plaza location in Etobicoke, but am unaware if you are able to order the cake online. If you do not want to personalize the flavours, icing and colours, they have ready made cakes in a freezer that they can quickly add a greeting on top of (if you are in a hurry).

When ordering, you are able to choose from any of their ice cream flavours, choose the colour of icing for the greeting, and choose any other candies to use as decorations on the cake. Every time I have purchased the cake, I have not been disappointed - the exact colour, flavour of ice cream and toppings have been used.

When it comes to the cake, they make a base out of the flavour of ice cream requested. Then, they add what is the most decadent and delicious fudge-chocolaty icing I have ever tasted!! And they add a thick layer that covers the top and sides of the ice cream. I have actually been caught scrapping the icing off with a spoon and eating it by itself!

The one downside is the price. The cakes are a bit expensive, although they offer different sizes and designs in varying prices. I usually order the medium sized cake and it is usually between $25-35, which seems a bit steep, I know, but I have NEVER been disappointed by the quality, taste and design of the cake.