Braun Silk Epil Epilator Reviews

Ranked #215 out of 467 in Hair Removal

The braun Silk Epil Epilator will give you the most efficient epilation ever! Remove all your hair in one single stroke!
After epilation, the Braun Silk Epil Epilator will ensure regrowth is slower and finer, thus leaving your skin feeling silky smooth for up to a month. Included is a travel pouch, efficiency pro clip, cleaning brush and power cord.

0.5/5

February 02, 2017

I'm pretty sure this was created as a torture device by some person who probably should have been born during the Spanish Inquisition. Why is this a thing?! I don't like shaving but this is insane! Waxing doesnt even feel this awful! And it really didn't do anything but pull my hair, not remove it as its supposed to!

I received this from Braun free of charge in exchange for my honest opinion so I was game. I have horribly coarse hair thats a pain to shave so anything that makes my life easier sounds great...how wrong I was. This sparkly little plastic evil is the last thing I want to use again. I keep it around though. My guy sleeps pretty soundly and its a great thing to pull out of the drawer when hes being a jerk. One look at that thing and hes on the way to the store to buy me flowers. :p

January 17, 2017

Before I had my son (when I had time) I exclusively epilated my body hair. I love epilating because t is cost efficient. You aren't wasting or throwing anything into the garbage. You are only making one expense. The hair also grows back a lot later! But what I really love about epilating is I don't have to wait for my hair to grow out a little longer like you would have to for waxing. I loved that I was always able to have smooth skin.

The only down side to epilating is that it is time consuming. It would take a little longer to epilate than waxing or shaving. If you do have time, I would highly recommend it.

August 21, 2016

The automatic light on this epilator really helps to identify where you might have lighter strands that tend to camouflage in a dim bathroom. The carry pouch is cute, the brush works well for cleaning, and the ice pack was a nice touch - though I don't use it. I like to epilate to remove outliers from waxing, and it is the only form of hair removal I use on my armpits. Make sure to pull your skin taut and take an Advil 20 mins before if you're prone to pain and redness. I love how this has two speeds, and it comes apart for relatively easy cleaning. I do see the benefits of a cordless device, because it would be a lot less messy to epilate in the shower. The pink wheelie picks are a useful feature to help decrease pain.

May 17, 2016

Let me start off by saying, I love this thing. I've tried sooo many hair removal things before but this is exceptional. Waxing however, really is the better or best way to remove hair but this is a follower. This is a more affordable alternative option. I know, it is super pricey etcc but it's worth it and you dont have to rep-buy it like every month.
    Overall not at all in comparison to a razor, nope, not even cuz of the cost.

January 14, 2015

I bought mine many many years ago from London drugs. I love using this product. I use it under my arms and the hairs are reducing yes it hurts first couple times but then will be a normal routine. I also use it many times on my legs and now there are few spots that dont have any hairs. It really works you just have to take the pain. I would definitely recommend if you hate hairs and shaving yes this is not as fast as shaving but it last longer then a shave. Love it.

May 16, 2012

I've used this product for over a year now. I wish I never shaved because shaving caused my hair to become thicker. If I started with an epilator, my hair would probably be just as fine.

I use this on my legs and underarm. It hurt the first time I used it but it's tolerable after several uses. Sometimes I use it after a month and it gets painful because the length of the hair has grown much more than anticipated.

Overall, it does its job and leaves some redness for about a day.

April 15, 2011

This epilator works well. It gets the hairs off pretty well. Some of the smaller finer hairs are harder to get though. I have used other brands of epilators in the past and this one seems to be more painful. Braun does make more expensive models than this one though, so maybe those are less painful.

February 05, 2010

This thing hurts like hell at first, but it pulls out the hair well. When I used it on my bikini area, it kept it hair free for about 5 days, which was nice. Way more cost effective than waxing, but hurts more. If you have a high pain threshold you'll be fine, but I wouldn't recommend it for the squemish.

October 13, 2009

I like this device. I use it on average every two weeks as my main hair removal. It's much better than the old versions, and very effective. I cannot wax, I find it excruciatingly painful, and shaving is not the most effective option for me, so this device comes in handy. In the beginning I too, found it painful and it took forever to do my full legs, but with time, I started using it on a reguar basis, and I don't seem to get as much hair growth and the pain is not a problem anymore. Maybe I just got used to it. On the other hand, it doesn,t remove everything, as any other depiltory device, it dosent catch all the tiny hairs, I do get ingrown hairs, although much less than before, it takes longer and I cannot use it in the bikini line area... it actually ripped my skin of, and I get a lot of really bad ingrown hairs.
    Overall, I would def. recommend it! It's my main hair removal technique, very effective a much better alternative to shaving and if you can't wax for whetever reason.

1.5/5

July 12, 2009

Anyone who tells you that using an epilator doesn't hurt....is LYING!!! I get waxes all the time and they are NOT anywhere near as painful as this ridiculous device. I couldn't get past one section of my lower leg. And not to mention...It doesn't remove all the hair so you have to repeatedly go over the same spot. I WILL NEVER USE THIS PRODUCT AGAIN.