Good

Breyer's icecream Reviews

Ranked #260 out of 496 in Ice Cream

2.2/5

May 17, 2017

I do not want to scare anyone, but if you do some research on Breyer's non-melting ice-cream controversy then you would know why I do not recommend this brand.

My family had been purchasing this specific brand for many years until I found out that there was an experiment on Youtube which recorded this brand does not melt even days after sitting on the table at room temperature. Which I find extremely disturbing and had since then told my family to never purchase this brand again no matter how good the deal seems.

From food safety and nutrition course, I learnt that ice-creams that have been melted are not recommended for consumption. Subconsciously I also think that is why people do not usually drink the "ice-cream soup" once it's melted. Yet if the ice-cream does not melt, then how would the consumers know if the product is actually safe for consumption or in reality had been sitting under hot sun for hours without ability to melt to indicate spoilage then placed in the freezer again to seem like in new conditions? To be fair, they taste like any cheap ice-cream would, but....I feel nauseous whenever recalling all the times I've had these plastic/chemical ice-creams. Ugh.

February 17, 2017

I love breyer's ice cream especially now when they have vanilla & chocolate lactose free. I can enjoy the creamy taste of ice cream and not have to worry about stomach upset. I hope make more flavors.

1.8/5

October 03, 2016

So. I've noticed, the brand Breyer's has delicious ice cream.. BUT It Does Not Melt!
    My daughter had left the container out over night by accident and the next day the icecream Still Looked The Same!
    After mixing it, yes it shows it has gone bad.. but just sitting there, it didn't melt, didnt change texture/consistency. I was grossed out.
    Makes me think there's too much preservatives!? I don't know, but I won't be buying Breyers again.