4.1/5
Prestige Item
Clarins Water Lip Stain Reviews

A formula rich in active plant ingredients, an ultra-sensory lip tint and all of Clarins’ expertise in color, concentrated in new-generation lip make-up: customizable and long-wearing color, for a kiss-proof matte finish and a barely-there feel. Lips look natural, seemingly tattooed with color like an ink.

Une formule gorgée d’actifs végétaux, une texture eau ultra-sensorielle et toute l’expertise couleur Clarins concentrées dans une nouvelle génération de maquillage pour les lèvres : résultat couleur modulable et haute tenue, pour un fini mat kiss-proof et sans effet matière. Comme avec une encre à lèvres, votre bouche est visiblement nue, tatouée par la couleur.

Shades / Teintes :
  • 07 - Sparkling Violet Water
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020
    1.7/5

Not worth it.

I love using Clarins products as a face routine but I was not a fan of this product. Made my lips dry, not a good product if you need a product for moisture. The colour was nice though but I received this for free and will not be purchasing in the future. The brush applicator is probably the biggest downfall.

2.8/5

August 30, 2019

Nice stain but doesn't last long

I got to try the violet lip stain. It's very watery, so it goes on easy. Once it dries, it was a nice shade of dark pink/light purple on me; it kind of felt like what your lips look like after drinking the red Kool Aid. I liked the look because it was subtle colour and flattering. Unfortunately, after drinking coffee, the stain was gone - so you would need to re-apply after eating/drinking.

3.2/5

August 30, 2019

Lovely lip stain, but expensive

I am lucky I got to try this product for free, considering Clarins is high-end and this item's retail price is quite high. However, I liked this lip stain very much - the colour was long lasting and build-able by applying in layers. It leaves a post-popsicle-like flush of colour. Very pretty. It applies a little sticky but dries quickly, and lasts through eating and drinking - no stained cups! I like that it contains natural ingredients, like aloe vera, white tea, and raspberry water. But I don't know if I would splurge at the store on this product once I run out. Undecided.

2.7/5

not a fan!

i’m a big fan of lipsticks and I tried this brand and this product for the first time, and to be honest i didn’t really like it. the applicator is too big and the product is too sticky (like a lipgloss) but its also mate. it’s a weird combination of both and i don’t think i’ll use it again.

August 30, 2019

A perfect no-makeup makeup look

I like this lip tint. It is very sheer, so it is perfect for the no-makeup makeup look. It is very watery, so you have to be careful when putting on. I recommend maybe putting a lip liner first in case you like very defined lips. I did find it very hydrating, on the other hand it lasts for 6 hours minimum. I am wearing it every day since I got it.

Very pretty

This is a very pretty lip stain. It was a little difficult to apply with the supplied brush but, once applied, added a lovely flush colour to my lips (shade 01 - Rose Water). It didn’t last as long as I had hoped, though, and needed reapplication after a few hours. I received this product for review in a gift bag at a paid ChickAdvisor event.

2.7/5

Decent lipstain

I was excited to try this lip stain. I got the violet water and love the colour. However application was not the easiest. The applicator could be a much better design. I also found it difficult to apply it evenly.

Updated On: August 30, 2019

#gotitfree #cinqasept

Sticky and Too Expensive

I received this in Shade 01 Rose Water. I have fair skin so this was the best match for me of the options provided. I expect a lot from Clarins because of the high price point. This product did not live up to my expectations. I found the application sticky and messy. It is hard to apply it accurately with the brush. I also didn't like the idea of saliva getting back into the bottle because of the very thin consistency. The colour it provides is light and would be nice for a low-key day but it definitely doesn't give any wow factor.

Beautiful colour!

The clarins lip stain is very easy to apply. It has a beautiful floral scent. I love the violet colour. The colour is very vibrant and true. The stain does last a long time so there is very little need to reapply. The water lip stain can be a bit drying so I do recommend using a balm of some sorts to add hydration. I use it daily now. You can layer more on to make the colour deeper, great for night time looks. Would recommend.

Beautiful product

Firstly, this packaging is very nice. Looks beautiful and feminine and feels like it is good quality materials. I received the colour Violet Water. It is a beautiful colour. The water lip stain was easy to apply - I usually apply and blot lips together for most lip products and that worked well. The consistency surprised me at first. I am not used to a product that felt so much like... water lol. However it dried quickly into a lip stain that looked lovely on my lips. I did lose some lip colour drinking my morning coffee. Some remained but ideally it needed a touch up. I would likely add a gloss over it since I personally like more moisture on my lips than a lip stain offers. The product is very true to it's name as a Water lip stain.