4.1/5
Prestige Item
Clarins Water Lip Stain Reviews

A formula rich in active plant ingredients, an ultra-sensory lip tint and all of Clarins’ expertise in color, concentrated in new-generation lip make-up: customizable and long-wearing color, for a kiss-proof matte finish and a barely-there feel. Lips look natural, seemingly tattooed with color like an ink.

Une formule gorgée d’actifs végétaux, une texture eau ultra-sensorielle et toute l’expertise couleur Clarins concentrées dans une nouvelle génération de maquillage pour les lèvres : résultat couleur modulable et haute tenue, pour un fini mat kiss-proof et sans effet matière. Comme avec une encre à lèvres, votre bouche est visiblement nue, tatouée par la couleur.

Shades / Teintes :
  • 07 - Sparkling Violet Water
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2020

August 29, 2019

Great lip stain

The Clarins ready lip stain is a good product. I don’t often wear lip stains but when I do I look for one that can last throughout the day. I had sipped on coffee throughout the day and the lip stain stayed put. The colour was a bit light for my skin tone but i experimented anyway and it did not smudge. I’d recommend this product but I would probably purchase a different tint.

August 29, 2019

Love Love Love

I love this lip stain! It provides great colour pigment while also being lightweight on the lips! Seriously, it feels like you have nothing on while wearing it. I also find this product easy to remove at the end of the day.

#IGotItFree

August 28, 2019

Looks nice but doesn’t last

I’m not a lipstick person so if I want to do my lips I lean towards a stain since it’s low maintenance. The colour is really pretty and it smells good, however it does not last. I wore this to work a few days and it was worn out completely by the end of my shift without even eating. If your looking for a cute colour they you may have to reapply though then this is good.

Comfortable and easy

This lip stain is pretty moisturizing compared to other stains I have tried in the past and the color and long wear is amazing!
    Light comfort oil makes your lips hydrated all day! My favorite for sure!

August 28, 2019

Amazing colour perfectly smudge proof

I received Clarins Water Lipstain for free to to try. I loved the orange colour it complimented my skin tone beautifully. The consistency of this is on point not sticky, clumpy or too watery. It doesn’t take long for this lip stain to dry/settle in. You can drink anything with out staining your cup. I only wish the lip stain lasted longer. It will wear out after several hours, if you don’t reapply. When it wears out it does so in a natural way and it still looks very pretty. Only one application and several hours there was still colour on my lips, but worn off a bit. I will be purchasing the other colours of this stain. I feel this is a great product and does what it is supposed to do.

Good but not great

This was a product that I think I would’ve loved if I wore it a bit better. I found the product to be a bit drying (it clung to patches on my lips) but I also did not wear a lip balm or anything moisturizing underneath. Will definitely have to try it this way next time because it was a great colour.

Love love love!

I loved this! Lip stains are my fave so I was so sad when the craze died down but this product is all that and more! I love that it has a scent and it's staying power is great. I would definitely repurchase this.

Lasting colour

I received this lip stain colour in Rosewater. It’s a bright pink but still somewhat soft.

I really liked how long the colour lasted, a good part of the day with lots of drinking from a straw and eating. It did take me a few uses to find out exactly how much of a lip stain to put on. It is quite wet when applied and at first I was applying it was a little uneven but then I realized once it was dry it looked fine so I stopped worrying so much about the amount that I was putting on.

The only downside I find is the brush application. I found that it needed a really steady hand and paying lots of attention because if you went off the lip it would stain in your face.

Overall this is definitely a product I would get again and would be happy to try some other colours as well maybe something in a red next time.

This is a must have!!

This lip stain feels so good and soft on the lips. It is an amazing addition to my collection and leaves my lips light, supple and lasts very long too!!!! I love the finish and texture.

August 28, 2019

Buildable colour, comfortable to wear

I have this product in "Rose". I found it very easy to apply with the applicator, and easy to build in colour too so you can go from a softer "bitten lip" look all the way to a more glamourous evening look. It has a certain fragrance that I can't put my finger on but reminds me very much of candy. It's a very pleasant smell and does dissipate after a little while. At first the colour is a little tacky while it dries but afterward it just feels like your natural lips.

I quite like this lip stain and now wish I had it in orange as well. Might be time for a splurge :)