Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush Reviews

Great skin just got better. Dermatologists created Clinique's famous 3-Step System. Now they transform cleansing once again with their sonic brush. It gently lifts the makeup, dirt and oil hand washing may miss. Gets deep into the T-zone yet gentle on cheeks. Oh, the healthy glow...the purified pores. And moisture just sinks in. You'll find your skin looks forward to this happy ritual. And so will you.

November 12, 2014

its now my daily routineThe size is really light weight and travel-friendly, and the price is more affordable than other similar brushes. Overall, I do like it.

November 04, 2014

I used one of these before, it's really good for deep cleaning your skin. Would recommend to buy

November 03, 2014

The Clinique Sonic brush is different from other cleansing brushes because of the unique angled bristles at the tip. The main white bristles are very soft (much softer than Clarisonic's Sensitive heads, even), and the green bristles are a little stiffer. The angle is really useful for getting into the crevices of the nose, chin, and between the eyebrows.

The downfall of this brush is that the actual bristles don't move. The handle itself vibrates which causes the bristles to vibrate. For someone with sensitive skin, this may be a good thing - it won't overstimulate your skin and irritate it. My super oily skin prefers a little more though.

Updated On: November 03, 2014

***I received this for testing purposes from Chickadvisor.

November 03, 2014

What a great experience with ChickAdvisor and Clinique. When I first received my brush it was not functioning properly. I emailed the girls at ChickAdvisor, who quickly touched based with the Clinique team and sent me a new one (along with a lovely Thank You/Apology note). That is amazing consumer communication.

I love my Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush. My face feels so smooth and clean after using. I have paired it with my Clinique foaming acne face wash, and it works wonders!

October 31, 2014

Best product I've ever tried, I love it. There are no other products I would use.

October 28, 2014

I totally love my Clinique Sonic Cleansing brush! After using it for 2 weeks, my skin feels softer, smoother and looks clearer. Even better, I don't have to wear as much foundation and coverup to hide any blemishes because there is none! The vicious circle of heavy foundation that causes breakouts, that leads to more makeup is over and I have to thank the Clinique Sonic System for that.

I love the design of the brush head, because it allows you to use the firm green bristles on my T-zone, really getting into the pores. The handle is also very sleek and light to use and travel with. It also fits nicely into my shower caddy for convenient use. One of ht major things I love about this brush head is that because it uses sonic movement it allows me to use cleansers with micro beads. That way I don't have to worry that the micro beads won't get into the mechanism.

The only downside I find is that I tend to using the brush for more than 30 seconds, so the automatic shut off doesn't work that great for me. Really, I'm knit picking for a downside though.

October 28, 2014

So I was one of the lucky ones that had a chance to test this product out. I have fairly sensitive skin at times, so I have been using once a day.

What can I say, the true proof of this product came this weekend. I ventured out of the house bare faced, not a usual for me. (Usually, my low key days still require a BB to even out my skin and help hide my HUGE pores). My skin has been looking smoother, brighter and my pores are disappearing. Another plus, I am using less product on my face. A little bit of serum and moisturizer go such a long way! And same for the days when I use a BB or foundation. I am also finding my make-up lasts longer throughout the day.

About the actual Cleansing Brush, its comfortable to use, love the 30 second shut off so I don't overscrub. I have charged it fully ONCE since I received it and it is still going strong two weeks later. It's light and waterproof as well, which means I have taken my cleansing routine into the shower. Saves so much time!!!

I am so happy I got to try out this product and look forward to continued results.

October 27, 2014

I lucked out and got to try the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush for free as part of the ChickAdvisor Product Review Club.

I wear a fair bit of makeup on a regular basis and I generally need to scrub my face when I wash it to get it all off. However, I realized what I have been missing – a Purifying Cleansing Brush like this new one from Clinique. I have high expectations for the Clinique brand in general and this brush exceeded my expectations. I can still not get over how effective the Purifying Cleansing Brush was at removing my makeup. Even when using it without any facial cleanser it would take off heavy eyeliner and all my face make up in a matter of seconds.

Once my makeup is removed the brush gives an excellent skin exfoliation with the two toned brush leaving my skin feeling soft, smooth, and super clean. I liked the size of Brush and that I could take it into the shower with me. The charge lasts and the brush seems to be holding up well with daily use. I have fairly sensitive skin and I had no problem with the Purifying Cleansing Brush – I plan to keep using it on a very regular basis.

I have never used an electric cleansing brush like this one and I am really impressed with how well it works. Compared to a normal exfoliating scrub the brush is much more effective, easier on my skin and still produces the desired results. I would definitely recommend the Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush to friends – even those with more sensitive skin would be able to use and benefit from the Brush.

October 26, 2014

I was sent this product to test and review for Chick Advisor a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't open the packaging fast enough!

I have friends who use the Clairsonic Mia and swear by it so I was really interested to see how Clinique's Sonic System would be for me.

First of all the design and size is lovely. Very simple and clean looking and small enough that if you were traveling, you could take it with you.

After using this brush for 2 weeks, I noticed great improvements in my skin! It really does deeply clean the pores which can sometimes be tricky when using a regular exfoliating product.

My skin also glows way more than before and my complexion has become a lot more even. I have very combination skin and quite a few acne scars so these changes in my skin are really impressive for me.

Another thing that I noticed is that my skin is way softer and doesn't dry out as fast. I have problems with having really dry cheeks but since using this cleansing brush, the dryness has gone down dramatically!

The Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush retails for approx. $95 which is pretty pretty reasonable considering how long lasting this brush will be and how effective of a product it is!

I will definitely keep this as a staple in my skin care routine and recommend it to anyone looking to try something new in their routine!

I would be really interested in comparing this product with one such as one of the Clairsonic cleansing brushes as they are even pricier than this system!

3.2/5

October 26, 2014

Thank you so much to ChickAdvisor for letting me be a part of such an exclusive review process!

SKIN STATS: Age = 31, dry and dehydrated

I'm going to be a bit of a devil's advocate here and not give this product 5 stars across the board. I am probably one of the few people chosen who also use the first generation Clarisonic Mia so I feel like I can accurately make a fair assesment between the two cleansing systems. I did not have a Clinique cleanser on hand, so I paired this brush with Philosophy's Purity 3 in 1 Cleanser.

THE GOOD
    If you are not using ANY sort of brush cleansing system, using the Clinique cleasing brush will most certainly cause an improvement in your skin. The bristles are quite gentle, more gentle than the sensitive and delicate Clarisonic brush heads, so if you are looking for a more gentle daily cleanse, you will like the Clinique one.

The shape of the brush head is one of my favourite things about the Clinique cleansing brush. The slant at the top really makes it perfect for getting into hard to reach places like the crevices of your nose. The brush head is also antibacterial so you can rest assured that you won't be introducing bacteria back onto your face during every cleanse.

The handle of the machine is waterproof, lightweight and slim making this very comfortable to hold. The Clarisonic is heavier, but the handle is tapered in the middle where you would be holding it.

This holds a charge much better than the Clarisonic Mia,but I have a feeling this is because the timer 60s on the Clarisonic as opposed to 30s on the Clinique brush. One 24hr charge has lasted me just over 2 weeks now with everyday use of the Clinique brush. The earlier generation Clarisonics do not have charging docks.

The price is very affordable at just $95 compared to $180 for the entry level Clarisonic. The pricing on the Clarisonic is steep, so I do consider this a bit of an investment OR you can save up your Shoppers points and pick one up during Mega Redemption like I did!

THE NOT SO GOOD
    The vibrating technology feels FAR BETTER in the Clarisonic. With the Clinique brush, you will notice that the WHOLE machine vibrates. In the Clarisonic, ONLY the brush head vibrates making it feel more powerful when placed on the skin. I had to press down a little bit with the Clinique brush to really feel a cleanse, but with the Clarisonic, you actually CANNOT press down because the head will stop vibrating. You can literally glide the brush over your skin. With the handle vibrating, that vibrational energy is getting lost by getting transferred into your arm. With the Clarisonic, since only the brush head vibrates, ALL of that vibrational energy is going into your face = more efficient cleanse.

For those that found the brush head of the Clinque brush not quite right, you are unfortunately currently stuck with it. Clarisonic has a variety of brush heads to match different skin types.

I find 30s too short to cleanse my face. I understand that all you have to do is press the button again, so it's not that big a deal, but I prefer the 60s timer on the Clarisonic Mia. Aria (Mia 3) also have adjustable timers.

Based on the vibrating technology alone, I will continue to stick to the Clarisonic as I feel like I am getting a much deeper and efficient cleanse, but that's just me. The Clinique price point is really quite affordable and to be honest, if you've never tried the Clarisonic, you wouldn't know what you were missing, but if budget is not a huge concern for you, I would put my money towards a Clarisonic.

Updated On: October 26, 2014

Just as an add-on: I still say "You Betcha" because it is a good cleansing system and there is nothing inherently wrong with it. You will have better skin if you weren't using anything before!