Covergirl Exhibitionist Mascara Reviews
#72 in Mascara

November 14, 2019
    Ohio, United States

Buy this like the look of false lashes without the hassle!!

My go to mascara!! Gives you the look of having false lashes on without the hassle of having to put them on. The brush is amazing.. it separates your lashes and gives them volume while evenly coating them. I would recommend to anyone who wears makeup!!

October 02, 2019

I have bought this several times.

I stopped buying super expensive mascaras and this one is pretty good! I feel okay about the price and I like it most after it has been opened for awhile, otherwise it is a bit runny. My favorite drugstore mascara so far.

October 01, 2019

Volume to your lashes

This is a really good mascara for volume, I have it in brown and I really enjoyed it. The only bad thing is that sometimes this mascara does not hold the curl, but in general it is a good mascara.

September 25, 2019

Great Drugstore Mascara

I’ve tried a lot of mascara and had more misses than hits. I was skeptical about the claims, but I have to admit I don’t think they’re exaggerating. I have rather short thin eye lashes so I didn’t quite get the results they claim, but they were definitely a lot more noticeable. I’m fairly sure that someone with “normal” eye lashes will see better results.

What I really liked was the fact that it didn’t clump up at the base of the hairs and gave a smooth look along the hair to the tip. The effect was that unless you really looked you thought it was natural. So you can say it does the job it’s supposed to do.

It’s not tested on animals and it is definitely smudge proof - trust me I tried to smudge it quite soon after application. The only reason I didn’t give a better rating was because of the brush as I found it a little awkward to use. But that could be my personal judgement.

August 19, 2019

My new holy grail mascara

You can stop searching for the perfect mascara! This is it! I have been on the hunt for over a year for the perfect, affordable, cruelty free mascara and this one is the winner. It volumizes, holds curl, lengthens, and it layers really well. It removes fairly easily but stays in place like no other! 10 out of 10 would recommend

May 16, 2019

Full glamour eyelashes

I've been using this mascara for a couple months and it keeps blowing me away with how full and glamourous my lashes look. It adds a lot of volume and length without looking too clumpy, and I haven't noticed flaking. It's a little pricier, but worth picking up- I've seen it on sale for around $10. The biggest downside is that I find you do have to wipe the end of the brush before applying, or it will get sticky and clumpy. Despite the slight extra effort and loss of product, it's worth picking up.

May 01, 2019

Not Covergirl's Best

I bought this because I had heard it was similar to Too Faced Better Than Sex. I don't find it does anything great for my lashes, and it seems to get on my eyelids every time I apply it. It is also REALLY difficult to get off my lashes. An oil cleanser and a gel cleanser and there is still some left.

April 26, 2019

Mascara Fail!

I'm always game for trying dupes for high-end/prestige cosmetic products. It seems that COVERGIRL (Coty) sought to replicate TWO different cult favourite mascaras with their latest offering, Exhibitionist: the brush and volume of Too Faced's Better Than Sex mascara, as well as tube-formulation of Blinc mascara. For $13.99 (Shoppers Drug Mart), it was a fraction of the cost of the aforementioned, and I hoped for the best. I bought the regular formula in Black, not waterproof.

Sadly and although a lot of consumers really like or love Exhibitionist Mascara, I am not one of those people who will repurchase the formulation. Not only was there no "wow" factor with the volume or results, but both times I tried it, I ended up with little black speckles/flakes on my cheeks within hours of applying, as well as irritated eyes (contact lenses). Thankfully, Shoppers Drug Mart accepted my return (with receipt), and Coty Cosmetics sent me a $20 voucher to purchase something else. (Great customer service!)

Mascara is a really personal choice. Every user has their Holy Grail formulation and go-to. (Hell hath no fury like a woman or man whose favourite mascara or foundation has been discontinued!) COVERGIRL Exhibitionist is not, nor will ever be, my go-to.

Word to the wise: always keep your sales receipt when purchasing new cosmetics, regardless of where you've purchased from. Shoppers Drug Mart can be hit/miss for accepting return (depending on each store and its Associate Owner's policies); many SDMs will only accept in-store cosmetic returns if the customer has had a reaction to a product (i.e. allergy or irritation), not based on liking a product or colour. If items are ordered/purchased from Shoppers' online beautyBOUTIQUE site, YES, even used products may be returned to any SDM for a refund! Some beautyBOUTIQUE locations will accept in-store purchase returns only for high-end products or in the instance of an allergy/irritant in a budget brand. London Drugs and Walmart have much better return policies for budget brands. Use it, don't like it: it can be returned for a refund if you have the receipt.

April 15, 2019

LOVE IT !

I love this mascara, my husband brought it home for me to try (he works in a drug store) and it is amazing, I usually have a hard time with getting clumps and multiple lashes stuck together but this stuff goes on even and smoothly

March 25, 2019

Excellent Drugstore Mascara

I bought this on a whim as I am always looking for THE mascara and this was a hit! Love the way the brush coats my lashes with just a few strokes. I bought the waterproof option and find it really keeps my lashes curled all day (with use of an eye lash curler). The BEST thing about this mascara is that it doesn't smudge. I really liked the Lash Paradise by L'Oreal but found that it smudged during the day. This mascara doesn't do that so no raccoon eyes. This is an excellent mascara option if you need a lower price point than Mid-to-High end and it still performs just as well (even better).