3.6/5
Dollar Store Cat Toys Reviews

January 13, 2018

Money well spent imo

They are not LONG LASTING, Perfect toys. No. BUT they are worth their price and my cats love them. I have bought almost every single cat toy all my local dollar stores have had. I do however believe they would benefit from adding more of a selection, as i find the doggy area amd even bird/gish area have a decent selecton. Cats could use more selection. My favorite one by far was the mesh toy amd treat holder. I could clean up all my kitties toys and have them in one place, and my cats would play with it for hours at a time. Will continue to buy cat toys here :)

August 29, 2017

Not for me

I've bought a few and find my cat breaks them within a day. The prices are great but the quality isn't there. Also I find the dollar stores I go too don't have a great selection when it comes to cat toys. Most of the shelf is filled with dog toys. I personally would prefer to get a little bit more use out of the toys before he breaks them. After all, depending on which dollarstore you go to, you're not really paying just a dollar anymore.

On a positive note, most of the toys that you find are waaaaaaay cheaper than the actually pet store. Usually when my cat breaks the toy, I don't feel too bad because I could be paying for the same thing at the pet store for 3 times the cost. The toys I stay away from, but I do get a few other things for my cat from the dollar store besides toys.

August 21, 2017

Great for kittens!

My sister recently got two kittens and they are super hyper. She bought them a bunch of toys from Walmart, Petsmart and the Dollarama. The kittens love the toys from the dollar store. They love the balls with bells in them and chase them around for hours. They also have this toy which is a stick with a string and mouse on the end and they absolutely love playing with it. Their hunting instincts come out and they craw on the floor to get it. These toys are so cheap and I am actually surprised at how durable they are. There are many to choose from. I would highly recommend for cat owners.

August 16, 2017

I often buy dollar store cat toys

Most of the cat toys I have, and I have a lot, come from the dollar store. My cat doesn't care where the toy came from as long as it keeps her interest for awhile. Cats need a selection of toys because they get bored just like children and dogs. I've never had a problem with toys breaking unless it's been here for quite some time. I just can't explain spending $5-$7 on cat toys when a dollar store one does the trick.

May 06, 2017

I would say that dollar store cat toys are so so in this situation if you buy cat balls with bells in them they don`t break and they come at a good price but sometimes our cats can break them in a matter of minutes this is a so so buy. it dépends which toy you buy

0.5/5

March 18, 2017

They work for 1 day if that ,,, Our cats brake them in a matter of minutes.. I suggest buying of making your own cat toys. the harder it takes them to get into the toy the better off I am.

February 06, 2017

I probably buy all my cat toys from the $ store, i go to 3 different stores in my area, because some carry different items then others. I find that $3 a piece for a toy thats gonna get ruined is a little expensive especially when you get a bunch they add up quick! Yes they are very fun entertainment for the cats, but the quality doesnt make them last toooo too long! But i love the $ store, one of my all time favorite stores because of how cheap things are!

February 06, 2017

I always check out the Dollar Store in my own town, as well as when I go out of town too. There are so many chains of Dollar Stores, but I find Dollarama is the best. The quality seems to be higher, but the prices not.

My cat loves the long plastic wand with a long fabric stretchy rope attached, then at the end, a fluffy mouse, big feather with fabric ball with bells inside etc. My cat attacks them and loves them and I have had both for over a year and they are still in great shape.

Also, I bought his harness and leash from Dollar Store too. I have had no problems with any cat toys from any of the Dollar Stores I have bought from, and have even seen the exact same toy at Petland or other pet stores, for way more money. Just silly..

I love that you don't have to spend a fortune to have fun, unique, learning toys for my cat by shopping at the Dollar Store.

2.0/5

January 10, 2017

The worst idea of the year to buy it for my two cats. They don't wanna play with them and worst in the package i bought two of four was defects and unusables :-(

3.2/5

October 19, 2016

My baby Atlanta used to get these toys all the time. I liked getting the light pointer and the little catnips mice. He's a little older now and doesn't play as much, but I always check the new stuff out at the store.