Prestige Item
Drunk Elephant LaLa Retro Whipped Cream Reviews

December 03, 2020

Super super impressed and happy with this

I have very dry skin and I have a hard time finding any face cream that will actually hold up and keep my face moisturized. I decided to give this one a go since even the Drunk Elephant protini face cream wasn't hydrating enough for me....this retro whipped cream is fantastic! So far it's keeping my skin hydrated all day that I don't need to reapply at all. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight but rather so soft. There is no overly perfumed smell which is great. I also like the way the product comes out which the push down mechanism. Super happy with this face cream so far and I'm glad I have found something hydrating enough for wintertime!

July 31, 2020
    Pennsylvania, United States

Great for Skin!!

It's extremely nourishing and the ingredients list is extremely luxurious and what appealed to me the most when purchasing this product. Drunk Elephant uses marula oil in all their products which is fantastic as it is such an amazing oil for all skin and absorbs so well and works wonders for my skin.

June 02, 2020

Favorite DE product so far

This is an early review for Lala Retro. I received a mini size of the cream from Sephora a while back and I opened it recently. So far, it's the Drunk Elephant product I like the most.

I find the cream to be thick, and while it feels a little stiff scooping it out of the jar, it warms quickly in my hands and applies easily to my face. It absorbs very well and feels rich and very moisturizing. Compared to another of the DE moisturizers, this one works much better with my dry skin and leaves my skin feeling taken care of for hours, with no desire to apply any additional moisturizer. The focus of Lala's being oils, it makes sense.

But the cream is really not cheap, and there are other alternatives at lower costs, so I don't know if I will buy the full size.

May 06, 2020

Love this stuff

This stuff is great! It is so moisturizing for my dry skin and the packaging is genius, it gets every last drop out. I like to apply a hydrating serum on first to max amuse my hydration and then lock it in with the moisture. I am a big fan of oils in my skin care, so this 9 whipped oils is the best of both worlds for me. The cream is defiantly on the pricy side, but if you are looking to treat yourself and you love thicker cream for dry skin this will be a lovely experience for you every night!

April 19, 2020

So luxurious!

What a luxury this cream is! I use it on the dry spots around my face and my skin just drinks it up! It absorbs into the skin so quickly and pairs really well with the other face moisturizers that I use.

April 04, 2020

Good hydrating moisturizer

I got this sample from Sephora and so far dry skin is loving it especially during the winter. It is thick and creamy and so moisturizing. It leave my skin well hydrated and smooth. If it was not a bit pricey, I would buy the fullsize. I recommend this product if you dont mind the price since this moisturizer is really good for dry skin.

April 01, 2020

Melts like Snow

I absolutely adore this cream. It’s so soft and light - it literally melts into my skin and leaves it feeling plump, hydrated and soft. No tackiness or stickiness. Such a wonderfully soft scent too that is so subtle, only the wearer knows it’s there. Doesn’t clog pores and works great with my sensitive skin. I can’t get enough of it!

March 10, 2020

Feels great on the skin

I tried a sample of this and fell in love. No strong smell, it absorbed so nicely into my skin, and moisturized wonderfully. I normally have very dry, flaky skin and this made my face feel amazing and no noticeable flakes. The big downfall to this product is the price. I cannot bring myself to purchase the full size item. Sadly I will not be using it again unless I get another sample because of the price.

March 08, 2020

Love it

I ran out of my Tatcha The Dewy Skin Cream and had this as a sample from Sephora. I have dry/sensitive skin and this DRUNK ELEPHANT Lala Retro Whipped Cream is a good option for me as it helps a lot hydrating my skin and disappearing those horrible dry patches I can get during winter.
    It has a very rich and thick consistency but it doesn’t feel heavy. Works beautifully under makeup as it sinks in pretty fast on my skin.
    You can instantly can feel a nourished, smooth and hydrated skin after applying. I had no allergic reactions after using this. I love that it doesn’t have fragance, I highly recommend this face cream 💯

2.2/5

January 25, 2020

Not for me!

This cream feels nice going on your sick but I didn't notice anything different from (for ex. ) the Cerave moisturizer.... which is much, much cheaper.