Prestige Item
Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil Reviews

March 18, 2019

Incredible facial oil

I have combination skin and find that my foundation does not last the whole day. I received a sample of this facial oil from Sephora and could not believe the results. My face looked more radiant, I had less breakouts and my make up looked perfect throughout a 10+ hour work day.

My only con is the price but I was advised that a bottle lasts months. This will definitely be part of my daily routine

February 17, 2019

Decent Marula Oil but is it the best?

To be totally honest, I’ve only been using this Marula Oil since it came with the DE TLC minis I’ve bought in the past and I have quite a few to use up. I combine it with the DE A-Passioni Retinol cream and will also use it sometimes on its own when I feel that my skin is exceptionally dry. I do think it makes some difference in that it appears to lighten the red marks I have from leftover acne, but I also can’t be totally sure that that’s not one of my other products I’ve been using. Overall it’s a decent oil and does absorb well. It’s also only $50 which is quite cheap for a DE product so in that sense I believe it’s worth the price. But is it the best facial oil out there? Debatable. I would really rather pay a higher price tag for something that has more dramatic results (but maybe I haven’t given it a fair chance...).

February 15, 2019

Love this oil!

I love this product! I don’t use it everyday but I do use it more often in the winter. I find it soothing and very hydrating. Sometimes after being outside in really cold weather my skin feels almost irritated. I’ve applied the oil and it has really helped. If I apply it at night I wake up with baby soft skin.

February 13, 2019

Best facial oil I have tried

A little goes a long way for this product. and it is the lightest facial oil I have tried, it feels amazing. It last a long time so I think it is worth the money. I have the small size and will probably just repurchase that size again.

February 06, 2019

Amazing!!

I am a faithful user of DE. These products are so clean and potent! This oil works wonders one its own but paired with a moisturizer or foundation can work wonders for thirsty skin.

January 22, 2019

Great Oil!

I typically add a few drops to my nighttime moisturizer and wake up with very hydrated skin. A few times a week I add it in with my glycolic acid and I wake up with non- irritated skin. My favourite face oil!

January 22, 2019

amazing!!!

I bought the small size of this product just to give it a try first and absolutely fell in love with it. It leave your skin looking so glowy and healthy and it helps if you have dry texture on ur skin.

December 20, 2018

I only have the small version that I received as a gift and I use it sparingly on my skin because I do have oily skin in some areas (I have combination). But especially now during the winter and the air is so dry I use it around my eyes and between my eyebrows where it seems to get flaky. It seems to do pretty well but I haven't noticed it doing anything more than other oils I've used, considering its price.

March 16, 2018

I wish I didn't love this so much!

This is one of the Drunk Elephant products that I absolutely love. Until this product, I never considered using oils on my face and I was quite freaked out about using this one since I was expecting to break out like crazy. However, living in dry and cold winter conditions was really taking its toll on my skin and I needed to do something about it.

Not only did this not cause me to break out, but it is so light in texture and it quickly absorbs into my skin, which makes it easy to use under my makeup. I sometimes even mix a few drops into my foundation and it really makes the foundation look beautiful on my skin because it isn't drying it out as much as it would without it.

I've also noticed that it's great for healing small cuts or scratches. I found that they healed more quickly and it also helped to reduce the scarring that I usually get.

This is definitely a multi-purpose product and I love everything it does but I do try to use as little as possible given the price. I've tried more affordable Marula Oil oils that I've heard others recommend in place of the Drunk Elephant one, but it just doesn't compare. They tend to be much thicker in consistency and they don't absorb into the skin as well.

I really wish I could hate this product because it would save me money, but it's a must have in my arsenal of skincare products.

March 05, 2018

Good for night

I only scored this 4 stars because it still left a slightly oliy residue on my skin, however It is great as a sleeping serum as matte skin tends not to matter as much while you sleep