3.9/5
Habitant Yellow Pea Soup Reviews
#124 in Misc

This Canadian favorite is one of the few Yellow Pea Soups on the market. Smooth, rich taste, ready to serve. Stock up today!

1.3/5

March 30, 2020

BOYCOTT this product

This is a total rip off to the consumer by charging the same $$ amount as the pre 2019 recipe and reducing the amount of peas by 35% and adding more sodium and water to fill the void !!! This new product IS BAD !!

1.0/5

March 12, 2020

I thought it went bad

I really thought the soup went bad but it didnt stink, in fact it smelled nothing at all. Reading all those comments confirmed that they actually changed the recipe for water and 3 peas in total. Really disappointed guess I will have to find another brand

0.8/5

March 10, 2020

Why change this wonderful product so it is now crap!

Why did you change the recipe of this wonderful product? It used to taste special but now tastes blah and it used to be thick and now it is watery!!! I do NOT recommend this product in its present state! Please change it back to what it was!!!

February 23, 2020

WARNING: Recipe change has ruined this product

The recipe of this product has changed and the watery slop that it now is should be shown on the can. If this packaging does not change it warrants a lawsuit as false advertising for a product that is nothing like what it was prior 2020. This company must have been acquired because for over 60 years my family has been eating this pea soup. When I saw the soup today I thought it went off. This company has just lost an entire family (30+) of customers who have regularily eaten the soup since the 1960s.

February 15, 2020

Shameful

Completely unrecognizable from the prior recipe.
    Very watery, very few peas... a shake of the can and it's evident.
    French Canadians everywhere are rolling in their graves.
    You've lost a long time customer.

0.8/5

February 12, 2020

What happened to the Formula??

Looks like Campbell's went and changed the formula at the end of 2019. The once nice thick tasty soup is now watery and salty. Will never buy again until they fix the formula. Another mess up of a recipe caused by cost cutting CEO's who want their big bonus instead of providing a good product!

February 10, 2020

Oh!Habitant! :(

SO disappointed! I just opened a can of Habitant Pea soup with Ham and was shocked at what came out of the can. I thought it was perhaps NOT SAFE to eat!!!
    The product was Watery, had a strange sickly colour and did not taste like it should. I’m afraid to eat it :(
    Our Canadian favourite for years, no more. I’ll be returning the can in the cupboard.
    If Habitant announces they change the recipe back, I’ll buy again.

February 10, 2020

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE!!!

I am so furious! One of my small simple pleasures in life is now gone. My beloved Habitant French Canadian pea soup.

Honestly, do they really think they can fool us? It is watery, flavour is different, more salty, less peas, and has a slimy texture as if they’ve added water (to save money of course) and changed the thickening agent from flour-based to cornstarch.

ABSOLUTE GARBAGE!

The label on this can that says “Habitant French Canadian Pea soup“ is false advertising, because that is not what is in the can!!!

January 15, 2020

Changed the recipe Jan 2020

January 2020 - I just found out they changed the recipe. I just loved their Pea soup with vegetables. All of a sudden a new can I opened today tasted awful. Watery, too salty. Green beans, onion flavour seems off...
    What is going on? WHY CHANGE A GOOD THING??
    Please go back to the previous recipe Habitant so I can serve and recommend this soup to friends and family again.

January 08, 2020

Negative change to pea soup

I buy Habitant pea soup regularly and it has for years been my favorite until recently...I opened a can and thought it had gone bad, it was watery and the peas look lost in the liquid, taste more watery...
    I truly believed it was a bad batch until I have been seeing posts about it...
    Time for me to make my own! I am extremely disappointed in Habitant!