Habitant Yellow Pea Soup Reviews
#55 in Misc

This Canadian favorite is one of the few Yellow Pea Soups on the market. Smooth, rich taste, ready to serve. Stock up today!

3.2/5

December 02, 2019

New recipe? (watery/chunky experience)

I also grew up loving this but as other people mentioned the last batch I bought on sale has all been watery with much more solid peas in the bottom (as if they didn’t cook it enough or changed the recipe) This is no longer the good soup I remember, hopefully this was just a bad batch.

July 27, 2018

Best yellow pea soup ever

I love this soup but I only buy it when it's on sale. I find it to be a little pricey. When I eat this soup it takes me back to when I was a child. I think it's the only yellow peas soup around to buy, but if there is others I would still only but this brand.

July 27, 2018

High salt and fibre, good taste.

This can of soup is very large, easily enough for two people to split, maybe even three. It’s very easy to prepare, simply heat it in the microwave or on the stove and then serve. It really could not get simpler or easier than that.

The taste and texture of the soup is enjoyable, but VERY salty. The broth is quite thick, and has a very salty flavour to it. The peas themselves are firm and there is quite a lot of them, but they don’t have much flavour in and of themselves. They do provide some much-needed texture and fiber though, which is a plus.

The real downside to this soup, aside from having a salty and somewhat bland taste, is the nutritional value. This can has 90% of your daily sodium, so even for two people that’s almost 50% of your salt in one bowl of soup. It’s also tricky that the nutrition is marked down as per 250ml, but the can is more than triple that number. It's important to note that while the salt content is pretty massive, it's a giant can, so you're more likely to eat a smaller portion. Also, the fibre content is equally huge at 84 percent of your daily intake for the whole can, so at least you're getting some benefit too.

May 12, 2017

Excellent dépanneur à avoir en tout temps dans le garde-manger. Très nourrissante, elle goûte la vraie soupe aux pois. Seul point négatif, un peu trop de sodium.

March 15, 2017

This soup is great in the cold winter months , it is thick, creamy and always constant .and taste wonderful. easy to prepare. I buy when it is on sale and stock up .....

February 03, 2017

C'est la soupe aux pois préférée de mon fils, il l'adore. Pourquoi ce casser la tête pour en faire, celle-ci est bonne et pratique. Truc secret : nous ajoutons une canne de thon pour plus de protéines...

3.2/5

January 18, 2017

I hadn't had this soup for quite a while and had forgotten how salty it is. I could only eat 1/3 of a soup bowl. I do enjoy pea soup though. My husband who is a "salt-a-holic" doesn't even have to add any salt to his bowl. It would be nice if they made one with less sodium.

May 06, 2012

Very convienient delicious soup. My husband eats a lot of soups and I'm not generally much of a soup eater but when we're crunched for time, feeling a little under the whether or just a little lazy just open the can and heat no need to add water or milk. Taste delicious and a good source of fiber.