3.9/5
Habitant Yellow Pea Soup Reviews
#124 in Misc

This Canadian favorite is one of the few Yellow Pea Soups on the market. Smooth, rich taste, ready to serve. Stock up today!

1.3/5

March 30, 2020

BOYCOTT this product

This is a total rip off to the consumer by charging the same $$ amount as the pre 2019 recipe and reducing the amount of peas by 35% and adding more sodium and water to fill the void !!! This new product IS BAD !!

2.0/5

December 17, 2019

Not Impressed

My 4 year old daughter requested pea soup for her birthday dinner today. I decided to humour her unusual and simple request and went ahead and bought some specifically for the occasion. The cans I bought previously tasted just fine. I opened both cans and it was pure water on the top and solid whole chickpeas sitting at the bottom. I thought it was odd, decided to cook it extra long to soften up the peas and then mashed them with a potato masher thinking that would fix the problem. I tasted it...not AT ALL like the pea soup we all know and love. I pray she won't notice cause what a disappointment on her special day! I don't recall there being modified corn starch in the original ingredients. My guess is the company is watering down, skimping on ingredients and then adding the corn starch to thicken the soup hoping we wouldn't notice! Fail! I won't be buying anymore if this is a permanent change and not just a bad batch. Effectiveness at veering customers away: 5 stars

1.8/5

December 07, 2019

No longer my favourite

This has ALWAYS been our go to can soup. Bought some today and there are hardly any peas in it and the ones that are are firmer in texture...very watery. Not happy. If they changed the recipe, they are heading down a dark path of rejection!