Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Reviews
#154 in Primer

August 04, 2017

Love this product!

Love how it feels on my skin and how it keeps my foundation in place the whole day. also works on humid days to keep my foundation from sweating off my face. it is quite expensive though so I don't use it every day

July 26, 2017

Like but don't love.

I was very excited to try this primer. It has a very silicon feel when you apply it after moisturiser. It did keep my makeup from transferring during the day, however it didn't seem to keep my oiliness at bay as much as some other primers. Good but not fantastic and for the price thats really what I was expecting.

May 26, 2017

This is an amazing primer. I totally notice it if I skip using it. It applies smoothly and is quite thin in consistency. A bottle lasts about 4 months for me with daily use.

My skin looks amazing in photos with this. It just blurs everything. In real life, the shine control is good. My foundation actually stays put and doesn't transfer off. Minimal blotting required. Also great for looking okay after a workout and in the rain.

It's super pricey but absolutely a must-have in my makeup box!

April 24, 2017

This product is a bit expensive, however it does work really well. Not sure if it's something I'd buy again because of the price tag, but it definitely works as a good base to foundation and to help makeup last longer. Very lightweight too - doesn't feel like there's anything on my face!

April 15, 2017

The problem with this primer is that there is nothing special about it and no noticable difference can be seen when comapring it to other primers. I think this is a good primer becuase it applies softly but i can find other dupes for this primer at a lower cost.

April 04, 2017

I first tried this after getting my make up done by Sephora, and I absolutely loved it. I never wore primer before buying this, and let me tell you it makes a huge difference!!

November 27, 2016

I received a sample of this in an order from Sephora.

Let me start off by saying that I had a pretty bad experience with a previous Hourglass primer, so I went into this with fairly low expectations and a sense of hesitation. Hourglass is a very expensive brand, but so far the samples I've received have been very hit and miss.

The first thing that struck me was the consistency of the product. It's extremely odd and completely unlike any face primer I've tried. It's very thin and slippery, so a small amount spreads quite far. I can't say I'm a fan of the texture, because it honestly kind of feels like I'm spreading margarine across my face, so I immediately began getting nervous that it was going to break me out like so many other primers do. Surprisingly enough, it didn't!

Aside from its very strange consistency, this product actually performed quite well. After I'd put it all over my face, it kind of felt like I'd put on a thin layer of lotion. Most primers have that smooth, silicone texture, but because this is silicone-free it felt more moisturizing. I do suffer from dry patches at the moment, and I found that my makeup went on very smoothly and remained in place throughout the day.

The only issue I seemed to have with this product was towards the tops of my cheekbones, after I'd applied my under eye concealer. I use extra moisturizers under my eyes at night (vaseline, for one), and I think this was fighting a war with the different textures of those moisturizers. Everything was kind of balling up in that area, so I had to kind of brush off little pieces of product before I could achieve a smooth application.

Other than that, I thought that this performed well. The texture is odd and it seems to disagree with my under eye moisturizers, but otherwise it does its job. I could see oily skin having trouble with this, since it does feel somewhat greasy. Perhaps try it before buying it.

Overall, I would recommend this primer. It's one of the better ones I've tried for my very sensitive skin with dry patches.

April 23, 2016

I like this primer from the basis that it feels nice on the skin when it's first applied and doesn't leave your face feeling greasy or sticky; however, I don't feel like this primer is anything exceptional to justify the price. In the summer when my skin is more oily prone, by mid-day the makeup on certain parts of my face is starting to melt away.

January 16, 2016

I have been looking for a primer that makes my skin feel like butter! This is it. It has a beautiful lotion-like feeling and my foundation looks amazing. I tried others but nothing compares to this one. I just wish it had sunscreen built in as it does in the United States, however, I understand this is not the fault of Hourglass but our country's rules and regulations.

November 14, 2015

I had to try this product after reading so many rave reviews about it on the beauty blog circuit. The texture of this primer is absolutely amazing. It glides over the skin so beautifully and honestly feels like silk. It noticeably improves the wear of my foundation and makes my skin feel smooth and hydrated. My only hesitation about this product is the price; I'm just not convinced that there isn't another product out there that offers similar results for a better value... but I'm determined to keep looking. Highly recommended for those looking for a super effective gorgeous primer and don't mind the hefty price tag.