Prestige Item
Kat Von D Shade + Light Contour Kit Reviews

September 07, 2018

Very Pigmented Palette!

This palette is very pigmented compared to all the other brands I tried, including the Anastasia palette. I'm extremely satisfied with the quality and I've been buying this palette over and over again, worth every single penny! The blending process is super easy with this palette and give you that amazing contour you'd die for! The only problem is probably the darkest color in my case, as it seems no use to me. I'd say this palette is good for fair to medium skin tone.

June 13, 2018

so-so

This is okay. Very average. When it was applied on my face at Sephora, it looked great so I purchased it instantly. But then I realized that it makes me quite oily. Strangely, I've never had that experience with other blushes, highlighters or bronzers... It happens even when I put on my setting powder over it. I'll save the product until the fall or Winter, but for now, I'm not sure why it's making me so oily so quickly. I definitely don't have that issue without putting it on though. However, I may be the only one who had this problem. It's a pity because I've heard such good things :(

March 20, 2018

Best Contour Palette

I love this contour palette. It goes with every look and is super versatile. The quality of each shade is wonderful, pigmented, smooth and flattering. It’s refillable which is amazing. I got mine from Sephora for around $60 and it was well worth it.

March 13, 2018

Amazinnnng!!

The palette from Kat Von D never stop to impress me! The formula is buttery and smooth, never patchy! The color pay off is soo beautiful! Will check out the rest of the collection!!

November 03, 2017

Great for beginners

had no idea how to contour, however had an interest learning, so I picked up this palette. The shades were nice and creamy. Extremely easy to blend. They all appeared nice on my light skin tone. I really liked the highlights. Nice matte base. The information package it comes with really helped me in learning what exactly I was supposed to do, where it was supposed to go, and how it was supposed to look. The price is kind of expensive, but the refillable part makes it worth it since you can repurchase only the shades you used rather than getting a completely new palette with the same shades you didn’t use. I highly suggest you try it if you are new to contouring, or are simply looking for some nice shades.

August 31, 2017

makeup staple

This is perfect for people who want to contour but don't have much experience. The shades are perfect and easily blendable. Works for everyday wear as well as glam.

July 29, 2017

Love

This is a staple for anyone who loves makeup! The formula is so silky and it blends like a dream. Perfect for a more natural contoured look and it doesn't look muddy at all. This stuff is highly pigmented so a little goes a long way.

July 29, 2017

Not enough!

This products have had some amazing revIews. I really like the colours in the shade and light kit. It also lasted a long time. Blends well with the KVON D shade and light contour brush. I just thought the pans seem to run out so fast. I didn't think I would need the refillable kit for an extra $8-$10 bucks. But I'm regretting not purchasing that one now. I think I will experiment with other contour palettes for now.

July 17, 2017

Easy to use

I recently bought it and this is my first contouring palette. It was expensive for me but after using it I felt it was kinda worth. The packaging is good and it includes a guide but I think they could have made the guide and instructions better for the first time users. Also, including a brush would of been better.

June 28, 2017

The best contour kit I've ever owned!

I love Kat Von D make up and I was so excited when I heard of the Shade + Light Contour Kit. I bought this the day it came out, and have used only it for contouring ever since. It has three highlighting shades and three contouring shades that you can use for many different looks! It even comes with a little help guide to show you where to put each to achieve the look you're going for. The powders and palette are extremely good quality and work every cent!