Kat Von D Shade & Light Contour Palette Reviews
#5 in Makeup

August 18, 2017

My first ever Contour Palette!

I bought this palette as my first ever contour palette and my first big makeup purchase I ever made ... and boy am I happy I did! This contour palette is amazing! The shades are so blendable and creamy and buildable. You can get such a natural looking contour OR a wha-bam chiseled contour, whichever you prefer! The ONLY downside to this palette is that I only use like 3 of the shades as the rest are too dark for me - but now that you can buy the refill shades it is really not a problem. It is pricey for only using a few shades but those shades are worth it! The contour shades are the perfect blend of warm and cool so they don't appear orange or muddy. I just love this palette so much.

August 08, 2017

contour everything!!

This contour palette is so great-
    I have pale skin so i only really use the three lightest shades at the top for highlighting eyelids, under eyes, and bridge of nose. For contouring my nose, neck, and cheekbones, I use the lightest brown on the far left of the palette. The middle brown shade is good to mix with your blush for a warmer tone. The darkest shade on the far right is only really good for a dark eye shadow shade or even lightly applied on the arch of my brows. I would recommend this for all skin tones. Blends great and is just all around amazing! Don't let the price scare you away, you're actually getting more bang for your buck!

August 08, 2017

So worth it

This is my go to palette for contouring the face. The shades are arranged from lightest to darkest, perfect for every look from subtle definition, to dramatic

July 05, 2017

Goes on cakey

The kat von d shade and light palette is decent but not for its price. For $50 I expected more. The highlight shades go on cakey and makes it look like I shoved my face in powder.

June 27, 2017

Great, but I don't use the 4 other shades!

I was looking for a contour palette, and a worker at Sephora suggested this palette to me, because it was the best bang for your buck in the store. Honestly, I have nothing against it; the contour shade the farthest to the left works really well with my skin tone, and the complementing highlight shade works well against the shade. My only complaint is that I really don't use the 4 other shades. Still debating whether I will repurchase when the shades I use run out, since it seems like a waste that they'll go unused.

June 09, 2017

Looking at the price of this palette, many people, including myself, would think the price isn't worth it. But if you break it down, there is 3 darker shades and 3 lighter shades. Each of these shades would be the size you purchase of a single one at the drugstore, therefore the price of the palette would be the same as buying each one individually. Also the darker shades appear dark but I blend them altogether and the shade is perfect. I am very pleased with this palette because of its matte appearance and high pigmentation!

May 03, 2017

I received this item for the Christmas past and I haven't used any other contour palette since! I absolutely love that is contains three shades in the light and dark colors, so lots of variety! Another feature is that when you run out of one color in it, you won't have to repurchase the entire palette, you are able to replace a color individually!

April 28, 2017

One of the best contour palettes I've ever used. For the amazing quality, it was actually a great price and has lasted me a little under a year. I've hit pan on every shade, but these palettes are refillable which is also great. I have very pale skin, and this palette wasn't too dark. It blends easily, looks good on skin, and considering I have sensitive skin, it was also good for that and I didn't have any bad reactions towards it. Would recommend if you're looking for a good quality powder contour set! It's so worth it.

March 15, 2017

This is on the higher end of makeup but its worth every penny!!!! Its good for many skin tones and skin types. Its perfectly pigmented and feel like butter on the skin. It gives you the best chiseled look. My cheekbones look awesome when i use this and its easy to use. The highlight shades are great too i use them to set my under eyes and to clean up my contour and bronzing.

A trick thats awesome is to dampen a beauty blender dip it in the highlight shades and then use it to set under eyes i use this trick everyday!!!!

February 27, 2017

C'est la meilleure palette de contour que j'ai essayé. Les 6 couleurs sont vraiment pigmentés, rien a voir avec une palette de pharmacie je ne pourrais plus m'en passer. Je conseille vraiment même à ceux qui commence avec le maquillage c'est vraiment une très bonne qualité. Pour le prix c'est au alentour de 60$ cela peut paraître cher mais il y a quand même 6 couleurs.