Kicking Horse Coffee Reviews

Ranked #39 out of 652 in Coffee

This cup of attitude mixes both Indonesian and Central American roasts to create a dark, flavorful creation guaranteed to kick some sense into you.

June 12, 2017

My new go to

I will admit to being a bit of a coffee snot, I hate cheap or weak coffee. We recently discovered this brand while grocery shopping. It was on sale at the time which made us initially buy it, but it has become the only coffee in our house. Kicking Horse offers a variety of flavours at varying strengths, the dark roasts are my favourite but a few of the mediums are strong enough as well. The flavours are bold and are a perfect addition to our mornings; can't start the day without coffee. I do find that one cup is enough to get me through my mornings. I love that you can buy it in whole bean form and grind just what you need, I feel this promotes the flavour as well as helping it last longer. The price is a little steep considering that the bags aren't very large but they do go on sale pretty regularly at our local supermarket so we just stock up when they do. We especially love that it is a Canadian brand.

May 23, 2017

I have been drinking 454 horsepower dark roast for just about six months now and I will never switch back to what I had before. It is a very versatile roast, I can use it in my French press and I can use it in a big drip coffee maker and the taste stays pretty much the same which is nice.

May 17, 2017

Cliff hangar espresso. Fabulous rich flavour without the bitter aftertaste of some espresso beans. I use it with a breville barista and it is a wonderful way to start the day. Purchase regularity on sale for about $10

April 25, 2017

Three sisters is my go to coffee. Everyone I make it for enjoys it. I grind my own beans for drip, aeorpress or sometimes pour over or French press. It works well with all methods and proves to be rich and flavourful but never bitter or muddy in flavour. I also often find it on sale. It's reliable and better than any other easily available coffee I've tried. Delicious black or with dairy!

April 17, 2017

Kicking Horse Coffee roasts their ORGANIC, FAIRTRADE Arabica beans close to my home in the Canadian Rocky Mountains! Available in a variety of roasts, my favorite is the "KICK ASS" dark described as sweet, smokey and audacious! Grind it fresh every morning for a Kick-Ass day!

February 18, 2017

This is our go-to coffee. We have tried the whole range of bean coffees available in most stores. This is by far our favorite. Particularly their dark roasts!

February 17, 2017

I was introduced to Kicking Horse coffee when I lived in Alberta. It is 100% organic & fairtrade. The Kickass Ground is made with very dark roasted beans. I really like its sweet, smoky and bold flavor. It has a very nice flavorful aroma. It's a great tasting coffee. I find the dark roast to be easy on the stomach. It's a nice dark roast coffee which our family enjoys.

February 17, 2017

I had a chance to try Kicking Horse Hola Ground Light Coffee, which is a Canadian-roasted coffee with a light taste. The packaging is eye catching and the narrative on the back is witty and fun. I loved that the beans are roasted here in Canada. It had a great taste and made a delicious smooth cup of coffee.

Please Note: I was recruited to try this product at a reduced price in exchange for my honest review.

January 13, 2017

Awesome robust cup of coffee that I can feel good about buying as they do good for the community. While the coffee is more expensive than other brands the taste pay off is worth it. I will buy this again and recommend others try and buy as well!

January 13, 2017

I really do like this coffee. I normally am a HUGE fan of Starbucks Roasts, but the Kicking Horse is right up there. All the different blends/roasts truly are "different". I have all good things to say about Kicking Horse. I like the Half Ass, which is half the caffeine. Also, the Three Sisters which is a good solid medium roast.

However, it is Organic, Fair Trade and a Canadian Company. Establish in 1996 in Invemere, BC. Not far from where I live. I love that it is local. They actually started roasting beans in their garage at home !!

Though it may seem expensive, you have to take into consideration the quality and again the Organic Fair Trade compliment also. Their website is filled with great info . !!

cokaluna earned the Beauty Guru badge

gillie added a new review for
    Ferrero Rocher

happy6400 added a new review for
    Comet with Bleach

pabrams added a new review for
    Coffee-mate Coffee Creamer

pabrams added a new review for
    Comet with Bleach

dperrault added a new review for
    Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce