LipKit By Kylie Cosmetics

LipKit By Kylie Cosmetics Reviews

4.1/5
Ranked #308 out of 1317 in Lipstick

December 19, 2016

I have used SO many liquid lipsticks from different brands but this one is amazing. I bought it because of all the reviews I saw online and I was so impressed. To start, the lip pencil is fantastic--so creamy and pugmented. I use it all the time even when using other lip products. The liquid lipsticks have a light sweet scent but it is NOT strong! It goes on creamy and takes a few seconds to dry which is helpful when applying it! The colour is gorgeous and suites so many different skin tones. I have 4 mattes, 3 glosses and one metallic. The colours last me all day even through my coffee which is huge because no other lipsticks I own are even like that! I have been using all my colours all year round. It is totally worth the price to get the pencil and liquid lipstick ! I would definitely recommend this as it's my go to lipsticks!

December 05, 2016

i have 7 of the kylie lipkits now and i love them all so much, the formula holds up very well throughout the day, although i do find it a bit sticky somedays

December 02, 2016

I love it i just got it yesterday and its just amazing it gives you volume to these lips and it comes in diffirent colours like pink velvet, red and stuff i really like it.

July 16, 2016

I thought if I was going to buy from Kylie, it would have to be something out of the box. In my opinion, you can buy pinks and nudes and reds anywhere, so I went for the bold colour Kymajesty. I think of it as a collector's item. Just like when I have my Barbie makeup from Forever21, I don't use it- but I just have it to look at and display. The shipping was high being from Canada, but that just pushed me more to think of it as a luxury product and not something I would use everyday- so I thought it was reasonable if I thought about it like that. The colour is universal. I only needed one coat. Blue/grey is not something everyone would go for, so if you will use it everyday than by all means by the other colours. But I liked how unique and one of a kind Kymajesty seemed compared to what else is on the market.

July 16, 2016

INCREDIBLE. I bought the Koko K lip kit and I am fighting myself not to buy another because they are expensive. Especially with shipping/handling and exchange to Canada. It smells like vanilla, smooth, lasts all night!

June 30, 2016

I wasn't a fan of Kylie (still not really but am a fan of her lipliner/lipstick line!) but these were all over Instagram and they looked so good so I had to grab them. I wanted to get some Matte lipstick for a long time and now was the perfect chance. Price wise - they are expensiveeee. And with living in Canada - the shipping and exchange rate really pushed it over the edge. It's not cheap, but if you are a fan, then I'd go for it.

Personally I always put chaptick on before I apply Matte lipsticks. Using these, they were not dry at all! My lips didn't crack or anything. The first batch I bought, the formula was amazing. But I think the next batches I bought (I bought in 3 cycles - all diff colors), the formulas changed and seemed more liquidy. It still dried Matte but I think the formula was different before. It's still good though.

I never get dry lips for these and it lasts even overnight - it's crazy. Easy to take off as well but will stay on even after drinking / eating. You may need to reapply if you eat/drink a lot though - and wipe your lips a lot.

I've gotten Dolce, Koko K, Mary Jo, Candy K, Exposed, Heir, and King. I'm obsessed. I don't even use any other lipstick now a days. Except maybe Kat Von D's Lolita once in awhile ;).

I'm giving it a 3.5 because of the price and formula change. Would I buy again? Absolutely.

June 06, 2016

I have seen this product all over Instagram and YouTube, and I just love Kylie's style, so I had to give it a try! I ordered the lipkit in the colour 'Dolce K', and I am very impressed! The colour is very flattering on me (I am quite pale), it is not too dark. It is a unique colour, I don't own anything else like it, it is a brown colour with hints of mauve. On my skin tone it is probably not an every day colour, but I think it could be for people darker skin tones.

The lip liner glides on effortlessly, it is one of the easiest to use lipliners that I own. The lipstick also glides on very smoothly, very little product is needed for perfect coverage. I have very dry lips, this product does not seem to look as flaky or settle into my lines like other matte lipsticks do, I was very impressed. This is the only lipstick I have that passes the kiss test - no transfer!

One con of this product is the smell of the lipstick - it is a strong Vanilla smell (I'm personally not a fan of vanilla) and I can still smell it a while after applying. I don't really like having a lingering smell right underneath my nostrils. Also the lipstick is quite drying, but I find this is a common issue with matte lipsticks. The price is also a little steep with shipping included, but it does include two products in one. If you are a lipstick fan, I would definitely recommend this product if you can get your hands on it!

3.2/5

February 22, 2016

I happened to sign on to the Kylie Cosmetics LipKit Website at just the right moment - yes it was a fluke - lol! But managed to snag 3 of the infamous LipKits By Kylie. I bought True Brown K, Koko K and Posie K. Each "kit" is actually just a Matte Liquid Lipstick and matching liner. I was curious to see if they lived up to all the hype! To be honest - the colours are all fabulous shades with very nice pigmentation. The matte finish is smooth and even. That being said - I wasn't overly thrilled with the quality of of lip pencils - sorry! With exchange and shipping they came in at about $47 per kit and I really think if you bought a quality lipstick and liner in a similar shade you could totally get the same effect for less money.