Loreal root cover up Reviews

3.9/5
Ranked #14 out of 332 in Hair Colour

April 26, 2017

This is by far the best root cover up I've ever tried. It's easy to use. Just a quick spray on the area that you need to cover, give it a little rub and perfection! It covers 100% of the gray. Wish I had found this product years ago.

April 14, 2017

For a 34 year old I have ridiculous amount of grey hair and dye jobs only last one month. L'Oreal Cover Up is a god send! I have tried everything before and only this is effective. It's a spray so it is easy to apply and washes out easily and last between washes. Blends perfectly with hair colour and completely covers the greys. It's a bit on the expensive side but worth it and definitely cheaper than going to the salon every month.

March 30, 2017

Great grey hair coverage! This is a pretty amazing product. I have naturally dark hair so when I get random grey hairs around my head they are very very noticeable, especially when I pull my hair back. The L’Oreal Root Cover Up covered these grey spots flawlessly. It does leave your hair a little on the hard side, a little bit like when applying hair spray. But it does not bother me too much, and it comes out after one hair wash. I feel this spray is a lifesaver for busy people like me who may not always have the time to touch up grey spots with permanent hair dye.

2.8/5

February 27, 2017

I recommend using this only because its the only root touch-up of its kind that I can easily find. It's definitely easy to use, and handy to have on hand when you need a touch-up in a serious rush. I have extra-light blonde colored hair though, and dark blonde roots. I had to use a lot to cover my roots, and that is why I don't think it's the greatest value. ( until you have somewhere to be, and no time to fix your roots!!). It DOES work, just not as easily as I had hoped.

February 22, 2017

Love this product! Lasts longer than other products. I only have to use it every 5 months other than other brands that would have been once a mo th wich can be very costly.

3.2/5

January 31, 2017

Overall I really like the product. The product dries in seconds. There is some residual fall out when combing thru hair. The colour match is great. I have had a lot of thinning of my hair and it gives my hair a slightly thicker appearance which is great.

January 21, 2017

Works great for getting a few more days out of a colour. The application of it does take a bit of trial and error to get used to though. Spraying too much and you get spots, once you have figured that out it's no problem. You can definitely feel it in your hair but it's not too bad. No problems washing it out.. no leftover residue. Purchased a second time so that says something!

January 16, 2017

YAY !!! I finally bought this after changing my mind about 5 times !! I watched some ads which showed the actual real life application and bought it.

I am wanting to let my roots grow out so I can make a hair color change, and I want to see how much grey I do have, and if I can use my grey as a highlight maybe. By using this Root Cover Up Spray, I can get the exact look of a full color, but it washes out. I wash my hair every 3-4 days, so the spray lasts me a long time

It is very simple to apply and comes in Light to Medium Brown,Dark Brown,Black, Red,Light to Medium Blonde, and Dark Blonde. I use the Dark Brown and Red Mixed actually. The formula is ammonia free, peroxide free, and has no synthetic dyes. I think this product would be good to use if you were wanting to change your hair color, but wasn't totally sure what it would look like, you just spray over your hair, and decide yes or no, then just wash it out.. Good for teenage girls too, to have fun with hair color, but nothing permanent.

It also sprays quite similar to a Dry Shampoo, it isn't wet and tacky like I first thought. It doesn't drip or anything like that, It goes on very nicely and looks good. I find if you take a "bristled paddle brush" to brush your root to mid-strand area of your hair to blend it, it turns out the best.

I love it !!!

October 10, 2016

Officially one of my favourite products to use! Not that I've tried it, I feel like I can't live without it. It covers up my roots perfectly (I use the colour black). Not only does it blend in wonderfully, it actually makes my hair look thicker. Now it's not a thickening product, but when applied to my roots, it covers a bit of my scalp in the product, instantly making my hair look fuller. My only complaint is that it has a very matte finish, so if your hair is naturally very shiny, you do have to try to brush it out a bit to make it look more natural.

September 25, 2016

This stuff was disastrous for me, the Colorado didn't quite match and it was sticky and smelled yucky. I find that they don't have enough tones to choose from to accurately match your roots and I wish that it didn't rub off on everything. I put on my shirt after applying this product and the color transferred all over my shirt. I will not be buying this product again ever.....