LUSH Coalface Cleanser Reviews

Ranked #674 out of 1133 in Facial Cleansers

Coal Face is ideal for those of you who loving washing your faces with a good, old-fashioned bar of soap. Except, there’s nothing antiquated about this preservative-free facial cleanser. Inspired by the complexion bar in ‘Annie Hall’, we created Coal Face for combination to oily faces. Powdered charcoal absorbs excess sebum and acts as a mild exfoliator, while rosewood and sandalwood oils reduce redness and clear up blemishes. Use Coal Face daily for clear, balanced skin.

3.2/5

June 25, 2017

Too rough for your face

I was recommended this product for my oily/acne prone skin at LUSH, and had had some luck with other activated charcoal products, so I gave it a try. It was very abrasive on the first try, and as time went on, I did not notice much of a difference in my oiliness. I may still use this as a body exfoliant, but it is just far too harsh for the face.

June 22, 2017

Works wonders! Never leave without it

Love this gentle but deeply exfoiliating soap! Cleared up my complexion and has remained clear since. Tried many other products with way less of an effect as this. WInner for sure and doesn't dry out my already dry skin!

June 04, 2017

I purchased this for my husband a year back who suffers from very oily skin in the summer months.
    He would use this a couple times a week on his face and saw a difference instantly. I have also used the product a couple times and I love how it gives such a deep clean and leaves your face feeling amazing.

April 28, 2017

I love this cleansing bar. It works great on acne and leaves your face feeling cleansed and not dried out. I would most definitely purchase again. Great facial bar.

March 07, 2017

I purchase the coal face facial cleanser to relieve my face from oil in the T-Zone area of my face. It did help with the oil while slightly drying out the rest of my face. It did leave my face feeling clean but I ended up breaking out all over my chin. I will finish the product but I wouldn't purchase again.

2.0/5

February 15, 2017

I was using this product for a while, as I am a huge fan of Lush's Dark Angels face scrub, however I started to find, once it had been used for a while, that chunks of the coal inside this bar were actually scratching my face. After a particularly deep scratch down the side of my nose, I discontinued use. There is no way that this product is any good if it does so much damage. I've stuck with the Dark Angels ever since, and have not had any problems with that product.

December 27, 2016

I bought this product for my brother who has dry, sensitive acne prone skin. I love all lush products. A little pricey but worh it when your getting top quality natural ingredients! He loved the soap from the first time he tried and has continued to buy it ever since. Helps with controlling oily breakouts and leaves skin nice smooth and clean.

November 30, 2016

I LOOOOOVE this product. It is fantastic. It gives the mattifying effect of the dark angels cleanser, but it doesn't have as much of an exfoliating factor, so it's great for sensitive skin. Love love love!

October 11, 2016

I know it's kind of pricey for a bar of soap but honestly, this stuff is magic. It lasts ages and it got rid of EVERY blemish on my face. Hormonal acne was my nemesis but this beats it 100%

February 11, 2016

Lushes Coalface cleanser is my favourite. The effectiveness is very high. I could feel it working from the first wash. It is a nice price and lasts a long time.

Heidi B earned the Food & Drink Guru badge