LUSH Herbalism Cleanser Reviews

A powerful decongestant for your pores, Herbalism is best suited to those who have tried everything under the sun to clear up their oily and blemish prone skin. Fear not! Herbalism's heroic blend of rosemary, nettle and chamomile are here to tame problematic skin. Ground rice bran acts as an effective exfoliant, while kaolin (also known as China clay) reaches deep down into pores to clean out dirt and debris. Use this cleanser in combination with Grease Lightning for balanced, even skin.

1.5/5

November 10, 2017

Smells Bad, Broke Me Out

I tried this because the store was all out of Dark Angels. I loved the green colour but the scent was headache-inducing and unfortunately I have tried it about 3 times and every time I get little pimples on my forehead and cheeks after. It's a bummer because I love LUSH products especially their cleansers but this one did not work for me. Others swear by it though so maybe pick up a sample as lush is great with their samples.

August 28, 2017

A gentle exfoliant for those with sensitive skin.

I am torn with this product. For me personally, the price tag isn't worth it. I went to lush a few weeks back and the kind people working at lush were helping me pick out a cleanser. I tried this there and on first use was very intrigued. I am always looking for products that have multiple uses, such as this (cleanser and exfoliant). I was first pulled in as I was looking for something that may brighten my skin. I was sold there, but they did not have the product in stock and offered me a sample that lasted me over one week. You do not need much, she said to use a pea size and massage it in my palm with a little bit of water. This atfirat did not bother me, but eventually I hated it! I don't like the mess it makes and I lost a lot of product this way as it needed awhile to build the lather. I also did not see any brightening of the after 1 week. I do however like the exfoliating component as it is not to harsh on the skin (it's almonds after all). I will not be repurchasing.

August 14, 2017

Mattifying

This all natural product is good for someone with an oily t zone. It mattifies skin without drying it out. It has a fresh scent and spreads easily when wet.

July 27, 2017

Great for sensitive skin

My skin is prone to redness and dryness and I have some small breakouts. Every cleanser I've ever used has left my skin red and irritated and feeling tight. This is the best cleanser I've used! It exfoliates gently and doesn't dry out my skin. After washing my face it isn't red at all, the cleanser is very gentle. I use it with a soft silicon scrubber and a little bit goes a long way. The only downside is it is a bit messy. It doesn't smell as strong as some other lush products. I love it!

July 16, 2017

Lush love!

I have oily skin and I find this cleanser very helpful. I agree with everyone else saying about that it is not easy to get the consistency expected but after a few times doing it now I can get exactly the same as the girl at Lush did when I was trying it at the store. Very good product for sensitive skins too; and the "smell" of it...I love it! Not everyone likes it but my weird self do.

2.3/5

June 25, 2017

Would not repurchase

I adore LUSH and everything they stand for, and I wanted to like this, but it just didn't do it for me. It was on the pricey side in terms of exfoliants, it irritated my acne, and after about a month, it actually became mouldy! There are a lot of products from LUSH I would recommend, but unless you use these cleansers every single day (not that you should...) it can be a bit of a waste.

April 21, 2017

This is one of my all time fave products! Some people may find the smell a bit off putting but I don't mind it. This product makes my skin look and feel incredible, this is well worth the money in my opinion.

April 19, 2017

This cleanser really cleared up my acne prone skin. It works beautifully and keeps me feeling non-oily all day. It has little almond pieces for a gentle exfoliation as well. The smell is a little off putting at first, but is very easy to get used to.

2.0/5

April 13, 2017

Was recommended this product by the sales associate. I have combination skin and was looking for something new. I bought the smaller container and found the product made my skin oilier than the product before. Not a fan.

April 12, 2017

This is my holy grail for lush face cleansers. I've tried plenty but I always coming back to this one with the results it gives me. At first I wasn't sold on the scent but it doesn't bother me now. It's just a fresh natural herb scent but it does wonders for my acne prone skin!