MAC 224 Shader Brush Reviews

Ranked #96 out of 547 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

March 20, 2017

My go to. it never leaves my make up case. This brush can be used to create depth and dimension, add a smoky eye or add a darker shade in the crease. Love the softness of the bristles. Easy to clean and have been using mine for years.

March 01, 2017

The MAC 224 Shader Brush does all the work for you, the lighter the pressure the more diffused the shadow & the more pressure the more color payoff. I have a few of these in my personal collection & also in my makeup artist kit.

January 17, 2017

This brush works very well but it is a bit pricey. I believe that you can get an equal brush for less price but overall it is the quality brush that gets the job done. I have other Lancôme and Sonia Kashuk brushes that are great.

September 17, 2016

My 224 says France as place of manufacturing. It is a brush that really changes my makeup results from what I have been used to. I use it to apply and blend crease colour and to diffuse the colour towards my eyebrows. I FEEL that this brush has great potential, but since I am inexperienced and self-taught I cannot say how good this is. It picks up colour quite well, no unnecessary eyeshadow picking of e/s fallout and it deposits it in the exact spot I want. Then it is easy to blend, The bristles are soft and dense and I had no issues of hair fallout yet. I spot-clean it every now and then, and also wash it from time to time. No problem, no bleeding, no shedding, no splaying (guard always on). I will repurchase if I lost this, but not to have multiples as one is enough for me. All in all necessary but not something thrilling. I really love my 224! This brush often gets over looked because of the 217 (which is my #1 brush). Even though the two brushes look very similar, they apply color very differently. The 224 is great for putting shadow in your crease (if you want something softer than the 217), but my main use is for highlighting under the brows. It applies just enough color that it catches in the sunlight, but I don't look like a drag queen. I've also started using the brush for under eye concealer (I use MACs select cover up) and, in my opinion, works better than a traditional concealer brush because it really gets into your fine lines. I bought this brush to be a blending brush without product. It ended up being my main brush. I have hooded lids, so while I like the 222, it has a smaller radius of adding eyeshadow into my crease and I need the color to go into my crease and above to see it at all. The 224 is perfect for that, but if you have smaller lids and want more precise placement, you might want to look into the 222

May 09, 2016

If you were to have any eye brush from Mac, this would be one I recommend. It's so versatile. I use it for blending out my crease and transition shades whenever I wear eyeshadow. It will last you years. You can also use it for nose contouring.