MAC Cosmetics StudioTech Powder Foundation Reviews

Ranked #679 out of 701 in Foundation

May 26, 2016

I bought the StudioTech compact about a year ago from a MAC store in the mall where I met an associate who helped me (for the first time) find my right shade of foundation in NW15 and techniques to apply it with. The product applies smoothly, and since it is condensed, provides a medium/full coverage. Pros of this MAC product is that its easy to apply, and even comes with its own applicator and a nice mirror for you to use on-the-go. However, the con.. if you are prone to dry skin, later in the day you will notice flaking near problem spots (for me, near my nose and temple). It was expensive being $40, so for the bargain buyer this is a definite nono! Otherwise, if you use this foundation for simple outings, nobodies going to notice flaking, as it takes awhile to do so.

Walking in yesterday to re-purchase this product from MAC, an associate informed me that they are no longer produced. A shame! I'd recommend this product if it were still available because you will fall in love, but be heartbroken at discontinuation.

November 26, 2014

Easy to use and gives a mat finish to my skin which I love it! The price its a bit expensive but for the effectiveness it gives it may worth it.

October 22, 2014

I have been using this foundation for years...I just love! It has great coverage and not a chalky feeling. Comes in a compact which is great for packing in your purse for touch ups throughout the day. I have very sensitive skin, which is prone to breakouts but this doesn't break my skin out.

September 07, 2014

LOVE LOVE LOVE this foundation. I use a brush to apply and a beauty blender to rub into my skin. There can be a tendency to OVER apply which will result in a slightly cakey/dew-y/discoloured effect. However, once you are used to the product, it is holy grail magic. I used to use mineralize wet foundation and mineralize skin finish - this one product combines both! goes on moist (which is great for my dry skin) - yet dries into a powder-y finish. I always spray fix on afterwards and dab it around with a kabuki brush in order to ensure the cake-effect is non-existent. I will always purchase this again as long as it is around.

December 12, 2012

I for one am not a huge over the top make up type. I do however like to have a clean, and mostly natural look. Lately, I've been exaggerating on the eyes a bit but for the rest of my face I like to have a smooth, unnoticeable look. Not too caked on. This powder is a tad bit pricey compared to a powder in Wal-Mart or other large super marts but it is a good quality, and has lasted me a really long time.

November 24, 2008

My skin's on the dry side, and a bit discoloured (my forehead, under eye and around the mouth is a shade darker than the rest of my face), and this powder foundation is my little miracle :)

I always wondered how some women have flawless looking skin, and they never have to wear obvious over the top makeup to get that look... and I think I now discovered the reason!! The coverage with this is flawless, it really evens out my skin tone and doesn't dry me up either.

It is pricey, but I guess you get what you paid for. In the past I've bought Clinique foundation that cost as much as this if not more, but didn't quite do it for me. Although this one costs a lot, at least it does a great job.

I would totally recommend this to everyone!