4.1/5
Prestige Item
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation Reviews

Please note: this product has been discontinued. A similar product, Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Foundation is available.

August 06, 2019

Wanted to love it

I wanted to love this foundation - i'd heard so many good things about it, but it just didn't live up to the hype. I found the texture quite dry when I applied it, but my nose would by oily by lunchtime. I also struggled to find a good shade match - the shades are predominantly pink or yellow undertones, and I couldn't find a good match with a neutral undertone.

June 27, 2019
    Texas, United States

Pricey but good

I have been using the MUFE foundation for years and I love it. I can apply a light coverage or build the coverage if I need to. The price is steep at $43, but Sephora usually has a package where you can get the foundation with another item.

April 30, 2019

Good medium coverage

I really liked this liquid foundation. It goes on easy and provides a fairly decent coverage. It smells nice for a foundation and lasts all day without oxidizing or rubbing off in oily spots.

February 27, 2018

Best Foundation Out There

This has been my favourite, go to foundation for 5 years! Does not dry out the skin or leave you patchy. It gives you a matte, but dewy finish and stays on all day.

November 03, 2017

Makeup forever HD fond de teint

Je me suis rendu au Sephora puisque j'étais tanné des fond de teint de pharmacie qui me donnaient un teint orangé. J'ai la peau assez pale, donc je trouve plus difficile de trouver un fond de teint qui me convient. Celui de makeup forever est tout simplement génial. Il est facile à appliquer, offre une belle couvrance et procure un teint unis. C'est un produit que je recommande sans hésiter.

0.7/5

July 20, 2017

I do not understand the popularity

I do not understand why this foundation is so highly regarded. I find the coverage really poor, and texture completely cakey and unnatural when built up even slightly for more coverage. I've tried several different application methods with brushes and fingers and well as combinations of primers & moisturizer and cannot get this to look any good. Disappointing as it's quite expensive. My skin is fairly normal, leaning toward dry. I recommend seeing if you can get a sample before investing.

June 19, 2017

I would NOT buy this product again

I did not like how this wore on my face. however, I would not recommend this for any with oily combination skin or acne prone skin. I didn't find this to have great coverage and I felt like it emphasized my pores a lot.

June 02, 2017

I like this foundation but it is definitely not full coverage. I have to apply a couple layers. But the positive is that its very lightweight and to me it feels like I'm barely wearing any foundation.

2.7/5

May 18, 2017

This used to be my favourite foundation until they changed the formula. I prefer a full coverage foundation, and the previous formula was perfect for that. I recently repurchased this and the formula was much more watery and was a sheer to medium coverage. The old formula was better in my eyes.

May 15, 2017

Make up Forever is my go to foundation company! I find that the HD Foundation is a bit heavier than I like but it has great coverage and covers everything that I need. It also doesn't feel too heavy. It is a bit thicker than I usually wear but it's great for an event. It is not an everyday foundation!