3.9/5
Marcelle Ultra Gentle Cleansing Gel Reviews

December 20, 2017

Great for all skin types

This is the kind of face-wash that is extremely gentle and that is made to only remove excess sebum or dirt on top of the skin but leave the skin's natural barrier's intact. This does not make your skin feel tight after washing it, it almost feels as if you had washed your face with a moisturizer. This is great for both oily and dry skin types as it doesn't strip your face from it's natural oils.

Also, keep in mind that this product does not remove makeup at all, but actually spreads it all over your face and makes you look like you work in a mine, so instead I use this in the morning and at night after removing my makeup with something else. (Marcelle makes a really good makeup-removing micellar water by the way)

The only thing I don't like about this product is that it kind of has a weird scent, but it doesn't stay after you're done washing your face.

December 12, 2017

Definitely a keeper

I would definition recommend this as a morning wake up kind of wash as it is a very gentle wash, but at the same time very effective as all you do in the night is sleep. I washes away just the bare minimum, but in a way that doesn't destroy your skin. On top of that, it does not cause any breakouts. The only thing with this is that because I have sensitive skin, this product works really well, but if you are looking for something a little more heavy duty, this isn't exactly a product that is right for you.

2.7/5

November 30, 2017

Not my favorite Marcelle product

This cleansing gel is ok, but I have used many other Marcelle products that work much better than this one. I have dry skin and this cleanser is mild enough to use without aggravation however It does not effectively remove eye make up as it claims. I am always left with dark shadows under my eyes from leftover mascara.

April 24, 2017

I like to use this to clean my face in the moring. One of the most gentle cleanser I've tried. Not as gentle as Avene's cleanser, but above average. It feels nice and simple, no scent, no colour. I just wish the drugstore in my area would sell it at a more reasonnable price. I'm disappointed it seems like it won't carry Marcelle's products in the future :(

March 04, 2017

I use this product every morning. It's creamy and soft on my skin and cleans gently but thoroughly. (I use the foaming cleanser by Marcelle at night) I just turned 50 and this is perfect for me because in the last year my skin has changed from combination to dry. It makes my skin feel soft and never dries it out. Love this stuff.

February 28, 2017

Great for my sensitive, rosacea plagued skin. Pairs well with Clarsonic. Rinses well. Love the creamy texture. Nice when able to score a bonus size!

February 17, 2017

I purchased this cleanser when it first came out. I’ve used it both with a cloth to remove makeup and rinsed off with water and face cloth. I tend to prefer it a lotion to remove makeup on a first cleanse followed by a foaming cleanser since I have combination skin. The gel lotion is light, fragrance-free and does not irritate my skin or dry it out. In my opinion, it would best be a purchase for someone with drier skin, but I may repurchase as a makeup remover.

December 23, 2016

The smell is not really great and I don't have the impression that it clean my skin so well. There's no foam and it feel like you clean your face with water. Don't really like it.

November 04, 2016

Le nettoyant de Marcelle est vraiment doux pour les peaux plus sensible. Procure un nettoyage doux ,mais en profondeur. Je l'utilise avec mon clarisonic. Gros format avec pompe.

November 04, 2016

Marcelle ultra gentle cleansing gel is a very lightweight gentle formula and lathers really beautifully. It doesn’t come out as a foam. The formula comes out as a gel and lathers a lot rather then foaming up. I absolutely love this cleanser! One little pump is all I need to do my entire face. This formula is gentle on my skin, it doesn’t irritate or dry my skin at all. It leaves my skin feeling very clean and after I use it it feels like my skin can breathe. I love the feeling that I get after using this Ultra Gentle Cleansing gel. Truly lovely formula. I use this in the morning and at night and it cleans my face beautifully.