4.1/5
Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15 Reviews
#1240 in Face Day Creams

December 14, 2019
    East Lothian, United Kingdom

Oil control moisturiser that actually works

My skin is combination and I tend to get an oily t-zone so I tried this Murad moisturiser to see if it would help me ending the day with a greasy t-zone. I've been so impressed as it's still moisturising but with continued use has really made a difference to my oily t-zone, to the point it's no longer an issue. The only thing is that I would prefer if it had a higher spf but otherwise I really like the product and would highly recommend to others with either oily or combination skin.

April 01, 2017

If you have oily skin, this product is for you!

Over time this does a decent job at reducing the overall amount of oil your face produces. There is no scent to this, which is great. When applying, there is no stinging sensation, even on areas with active breakouts; it doesn’t leave you feeling sticky either. This is a bit think, but absorbs into the skin fairly quickly and creates a nice smooth area on your skin to apply makeup over, just like regular primers. In fact, I would suggest wearing this without using a primer.

This has some decent ingredients in it, which is probably why it has a hefty price tag, but I think that it is worth it. Ingredients such as Tea Tree oil and willow bark seem to help as a type of acne combatant while using this regularly.

I would advise staying away from this if you have dry skin as it will more than likely make your situation worse.

June 24, 2014

I've been using Murad products for many years, and I was thrilled when they started making a day moisturizer that is mattifying and has some SPF. I live in Vancouver, so for much of the year this, combined with makeup, has enough SPF for me. In the summer/when I'm going to be outdoors a lot I also use a real sunscreen with SPF at least 30. Anyway, this stuff is great. It has a nice smooth texture, keeps my skin matte, and helps makeup to stay put.

3.2/5

August 25, 2011

I have very oily skin, especially in the summer. I tried this after a sephora worker recommended it to me and although this does control my oils somewhat, I still continue to get oily from time to time. It does work but not as amazing as I would want it to but then again I have not found another product that has worked better. This product feels somewhat like glue when you first put it on your face but it goes away within moments.