Nice N Easy New Hair Color Reviews
#42 in Hair Colour

August 13, 2019
    Inverclyde, United Kingdom

Does what it says on the box

I love this product. I lifted my hair from black dye then used nice n easy 8.1 ash blonde,as the ash counteracts any yellow or orange tones. It’s turned out virtually my natural hair colour with no damage to my hair. My hair came out the colour that showed on the box which rarely happens. Will continue to use this product

April 14, 2019

Perfect Dye

I had black hair for many years (done with box dye from another company) and bleached it 3 times over a few months then put the ash blonde over the bleach to get one colour in my hair instead of several. My store only had this one in stock for ash blonde and I am honestly obsessed. I will never use any other brand. It gave a uniform colour, no bands at all. It smells like roses which was so amazing. Must use for sure!

April 03, 2019

A great choice for stubborn greys !

So my sneaky little grey hairs have been making more of an appearance and I decided it was time for them to go! I selected this product based on the fact it was targeting greys. It was super easy to apply, and very competitively priced.

January 24, 2019
    New York, United States

love using something to works

I would buy this again for the nature looking color it gives and it not bad in price . I love how i get to pick what color i want to do and if i want to do 2 different colors

January 14, 2019

I would buy this product again; different formula.

I have been using Nice N Easy for a couple of years now, and have had generally positive experiences so far -the colors are fairly accurate to the box (except for some of the more copper-reds), and the grey coverage is as promised.

The formula used to be more of a liquid mix but this new formula is more of a cream, and is less drippy and a bit easier to apply; it also has much less of a chemical odor, with a light floral scent.

I was a bit worried at first during the application process, as it didn't resemble the usual reddish brown color after activating the color at all. I thought perhaps I'd missed a step and mixed the tubes incorrectly because it starts out a light cream color, and turned into a dark indigo-violet color after some activation time has passed; it didn't resemble the usual reddish brown color after activating the color at all.

All in all, I like the new formula better than the old. The only downside of the new formula's creamy consistency is that if you were trying to get more than one use out of a single box (for a root touch-up, or super short hair) it would be more difficult to get the mixture ratio correct.

January 12, 2019

Tried and True

This product has withheld its quality over the years. I find excellent grey coverage and excellent value. My hair comes out better than the pricey top shelf brands.

September 27, 2018

Works great on my hair

Have used nice & easy since I started dying my hair. Over the years the effectiveness of the product has declined slightly as far as length of colour and the smell. However, it is still my go to for hair colour. Usually on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart. Definately keep buying it!!

May 30, 2018

I use this product all the time!

Very easy to use. Hair color turns out exactly how I want it every single time. I find that I need to keep it in longer by 10-15 minutes more than what the instructions say.. However, I use this all the time and it's my hair dye of choice.

May 18, 2018

Another great product

I already loved the brand but I do even more now. The tubes were very easy to use and didn't need any scissors. The gloves were longer and covered my wrists. The flower smell is pleseant and not overpowering. You will still smell the amonia when applying the dye mix, but while I was waiting I only smelled the floral scent. The dye was thick so less of a mess and there was plenty of dye to cover my hair.

1.0/5

April 03, 2018

NEW CLAIROL NICE N EASY is TERRIBLE!

Clairol has shot themselves in the foot. As a user of Nice n Easy for many, many years and loving it, I used the new formula as the old ones were all off the shelf. The smell is terrible, supposed to be herbal or something, it's disgusting. The number 2 color bottle is now a tube and is supposed to be mixed with l, but I had to almost cut the tube open, it was so hard. I don't have arthritis but I had a very rough time getting it out, it was too thick. I used the product as per the instructions. The number 3, (conditioner) came out like water. I rinsed very, very well could not get the smell out. To my horror, when my hair dried, the beautiful multi-tones I had with the old product were all gone and my hair was a horrible yellowy straw color. It was also sticking to my scalp, stringy and dirty looking, absolutely horrified, I cried and cried. I had to-re wash my hair the next day, could not stand the smell and the greasy feel. Some of the gray was covered, other parts looked like a weird color. I have read the reviews on their website and on Facebook and many have had the same horrible experience as me. The only response we have had from Clairol is to call their toll-free number to ''discuss'' our specific problem. We all had the same problem, it is awful. Need to find a new hair color now. I strongly advise anyone who has concerns to get in touch with Clairol, it's a terrible thing to take off a wonderful product like the last Nice n Easy formula and replace it with this junk. It is also higher in price, my local store was selling it at $12 Cdn, where I was buying the older one at under $10 and often on sale at $6,99, I am more than disappointed, I am angry that the only response is call the toll free number. Sorry Clairol, good company, but you goofed this time. At least admit it and stop saying things like "some people don't like change" We like change when it is for the better.