NYX Cosmetics Matte Lipstick Reviews

Ranked #831 out of 1317 in Lipstick

May 29, 2017

Amazing product but it does not fully fry down. If you want full transfer proof matte lipstick, this is not the one for you. If you want moisturizing, opaque colour for value, it is great

May 01, 2017

I have a few NYX matte lipsticks, but by far my favorite shade is "Natural." It's a beautiful light pink nude and is a great everyday color. It also goes with any makeup look I create.

The lipstick is a matte finish, but does not leave my lips feeling dry as many other matte finishes too. I apply the NYX lip primer before hand, and the lipstick wears beautifully for an extended period of time.

March 24, 2017

I like matte lipstick You need to have a good lip scrub and lip blam so you will have a good lipstick application it's real creamy on the the lips then it drys fast

January 06, 2017

This is one of my favorite lipsticks to use. It goes on very nicely and stays on for hours with just one application. It does not smear or wear off while eating or drinking.

July 31, 2016

I have this lipstick in the shade Whipped Caviar, and it is the perfect MLBB shade. The lipstick itself is very pigmented and smooth in application. I love the bullet shape and packaging, which allows you to see the shade of the lipstick from outside the packaging. It is not overly drying, in fact, I would argue it is slightly moisturizing. If there is a problem with dryness, just add a lip balm underneath (I use the EOS lip balms sometimes)! The wear of this lipstick is incredibly, and I would say it lasts about 5-6 hours on me before starting to fade. It is the perfect size and shape to travel with and whip out when you need a little bit of colour added to your face. These are super affordable and definitely my favourite drugstore lipstick. And who doesn’t love a cruelty-free brand?

1.7/5

June 27, 2016

I bought the shade MLS21 Butter and was absolutely disappointed. If you want a good matte lip I suggest getting a NYX Liquid Lip instead. They are much more pigmented and will last longer.

June 08, 2016

I just bought the lip stick and I love it so much. The colour caught my eye quickly and I love how it looks on my lips. It's not as "mate" as i'd like it to be, and would like it a little darker, but it's still a great lip stick in my eyes

March 22, 2016

I have been obsessed with the new matte trend and used to get the NYX liquid lipstick and decided to take a chance on a cream, litteral «lipstick». LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I got the whipped caviar colour as a test and ended up purchasing perfect red, merlot and eden shades. The texture is soft on the lips, not a true tightening«suede» effect but dries up to a matte effect whithin secondes. Application is easy and smooth and can be used without a lipliner for a more casual on-the-go look or layered and lined for more dolled-up option. And the colours; so rich, pink and red undertones (true reds, no «orangy» pigments), and a wide spectrum of shades from your very traditional nudes to funky blues or purples. If you are looking for a great easy lipstick to dive in the matte trend, pick up your NYX lipstick!!
    On the downside, this product is not a longlasting lipstick: don't get me wrong, it holds its shade and matte look all-day but does transfer a lot if you are drinking coffe or eating a sandwich
    Over all great price and shade (so many of them), stands out in its drugstore category by the intensity of the colour in all its shades.

January 22, 2016

These are some of my very favourite lipsticks! The colours are so opaque, smooth and not drying to my lips despite being matte. They also last hours without needing to be reapplied.

January 14, 2016

I enjoyed the NYX matte lipstick. The colour selections are nice. The formula goes on smooth. However I don't find the lipstick very hydrating. You have to have smooth lips generally speaking for a nice look. But it isn't as drying as many matte lipsticks. It has a different taste - almost floral. Overall I'd repurchase again.

Loricass earned the Food & Drink Guru badge

Loricass added a new review for
    Quaker Instant Oatmeal

Loricass added a new review for
    Abreva

Marilyn M has posted in the forum topic
    Your favorite cake

Marilyn M has started a new forum topic
    Jam

Sandra Ribeiro has posted in the forum topic
    Hairstylists