3.9/5
Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch Reviews
#1 in Remedies

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch uses hydrocolloid technology to effectively treat the cold sore. The patch forms a protective barrier that contains the virus and enables fast effective healing.

Directions for Use:  Apply POLYSPORIN® Cold Sore Healing Patch at first sign of an outbreak. When the patch starts to detach from the skin, remove it and replace it with a new one until cold sore is healed. Patches should be used 24 hours a day. On average, the patch will stay on for approximately 8 hours. You do not need to remove the patch every 8 hours, only when it begins to detach.

March 12, 2018

Not a fan

Polysporin Cold Sore Healing Patch was a bit of adisappountment. It didn't stay put and was visible despite all efforts to camouflage it. For the price and the effort it did not heal my cold sore any quicker then any other product or hide it.

2.2/5

March 06, 2018

A flop

I frequently get cold sores through the winter. I've tried many products over the years and was excited to try the Polysporin cold sore patch. I have used many Polysporin products in the past that were great. I wasn't so lucky this time around.

February 24, 2018

Not for me.

I didn’t find this product helped at all. It didn’t help with hiding my cold sore and if anything made me more aware of it. For the price there are better, more effective products.

February 19, 2018

Un peu cher pour ce que ce produit apporte

Durant ma jeunesse, j'avais environ un feu sauvage par année. Je finissais toujours par y toucher et faire tomber la gale. Toutefois, ce qui est bien avec polysporin, c'est que le timbre empêche que je touche directement à la lésion et ainsi je diminuais le risque de propagation. Côté esthétique, je ne sais pas si mon feu sauvage paraissait plus avec le timbre qui se décollait parfois à moitié ou sans. J'ai aussi tenté de mettre du rouge à lèvre sur le timbre, mais la différence de couleur entre le timbre et mes lèvres demeurait quand même assez visible. Bref, peut-être utile pour réduire la contagion, mais je ne trouve pas que la durée de l'épisode a été raccourcie par le timbre. J'ai l'impression que n'importe quel autre pansement transparent (opsite, tegaderm, etc.) aurait été aussi efficace et moins cher!

February 07, 2018

These are ok

My little boy have a blood disorder that causes him to have a lot of cold sores. they are very painful and we have tried many creams for relief. I am not sure though it helped. It did cover it but invisible would be better

2.8/5

December 11, 2017

This product works well

This product works fairly well but even better when combined with a ointment as well it dries the sore out faster than without using anything. I would recommend this product for smaller cold sores

November 06, 2017

Cold sore patch

I do like this product it does have some pros and cons it is wonderful for covering up the coldsore blister as well as speeding up healing but when the patch comes off it leaves the blister irritated

2.3/5

October 08, 2017

Not sure

I'm not sure if I used this product incorrectly or what but I basically just ended up with a piece of plastic stuck to my cold sore. I tried to cover it up with makeup or anything but in the end it looked worse then just having the sore. It also didn't do much to aid in the healing process.

October 07, 2017

everyone is just being polite

You can definitely notice these patches on your face covering the sore. If people aren't mentioning it that's because they are polite and not pointing out a flaw, as to not embarrass the wear. And as for speeding healing time, again highly doubtful. I have found they haven't shortened healing time at all. They do manage to keep it covered so i will wear them to bed. But being a life saver they are claiming not so much. Sorry guy everyone can see your little round band aid they just aren't pointing it out.

2.7/5

September 23, 2017

Meh...

I bought this product, which was fairly expensive for a product that i found just okay. I had a coldsore in corner of my mouth and when i first applied patch it looked great covering up and healing sore as promised. But didnt last long. Within 10-15 min it would stArt to crumple up and stick to itself due to its location. Not good if the problem area is corner of mouth