Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Reviews

Ranked #4 out of 510 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

April 21, 2017

The real techniques sponge is a great low cost dupe for the beauty blender. The only downside I noticed is that it soaks up a bit more foundation that the beauty blender. Other than that, it makes your foundation look more natural and not as cakey compared to using a makeup brush.

April 14, 2017

I have to admit that i was extremely skeptical about this sponge after using the $20 beauty blender. But i must say that I honestly cannot tell much of a difference. This is definitely worth the smaller price and you will get the same result as you would with the beauty blender. I will say that this sponge is a bit more dense, whereas the beauty blender is a but more bouncy, however in comparison to other beauty blender dupes ive tried, this one by far gives the closest result. Definitely recommend this, and I will be purchasing more in the future.

March 30, 2017

This is my every day makeup sponge. It is definitely a cheaper alternative to the Beauty Blender. I honestly find this works BETTER. It also is a bit denser than the beauty blender, which i like. This has a nice flat edge for covering large areas on the face, and on the other end it comes to a point to get into those hard to reach areas around your nose. And you can't beat the price, sometimes you can even get a two pack at Walmart for $13. That's a steal !! Such a great product, will continue repurchasing.

March 29, 2017

J'ai essayé plusieurs éponge à maquillage déjà, mais celle de Real Techniques est jusqu'à maintenant ma préféré! Très "légère" et "spongieuse". Elle applique bien le fond de teint liquide et le coté plat est parfait pour appliquer la poudre.
    J'ai payé 15$ pour 2 éponges. Ça vaut la peine d'essayer.

March 17, 2017

When I used this with the Revlon Colorstay Foundation, this sponge began taking off my foundation! It began coming off in patches, and as I tried to blend it out, the Real Techniques sponge just seemed to soak up more of my foundation until I gave up and used my brush again. I used it wet, but I believe the pores on this sponge are just too large.

I tried to use this again with a more liquid foundation, the Maybelline Fit Me, and the same result occurred. It gave me a light coverage that looked smooth, but I would estimate that half of my initial foundation became soaked up in the sponge itself. Not good, even for the price point of this sponge!

This does not compare to the beautyblender in any way! If you are looking for an affordable sponge from the drugstore, I would definitely check out the L'Oreal pink sponge; it is an almost exact dupe for the beautyblender!

March 11, 2017

I have not tried the beauty blender, so I have no comparison, but I really like this sponge! I love that it makes it easy to effortlessly blend my foundation evenly on my face.

March 04, 2017

This is one of my favourite things to use when applying and blending out concealer. I've never tried the original BB but I don't Think I need to Im completely happy with this sponge. I got a pack of 2 for $15 CAD and wash it everytime I use it. Totally changed the way my makeup looks. Really happy with it.

February 07, 2017

I decided to try this sponge one day to change up my routine from using the beauty blender and wow, it's such a great dupe for the beauty blender for half the price! It does not such up too much product if you apply the foundation on your hand before dipping it with the sponge. The end result is flawless, leaving no streaks!

October 29, 2016

Great affordable makeup sponge! I think the beauty blender does a bit better at applying makeup/provides a better finish when applying foundation however this is a great affordable option that is a 1/4 of the price.I use this to apply foundation, blend out concealer and apply loose powder to set my foundation/concealer. Would definitely repurchase!

October 18, 2016

I heard that this was a fantastic dupe for the Beauty Blender, and I was not disappointed. I bought the BB because of the hype, wasn't quite "wowed" and returned it (it's just over $30 CAD so I was hoping for something magical for that price point). I bought the Real Techniques sponge in a pack of 2 for about $15 at Walmart (cheapest place to get them around where I live. Not worth the value if you go to Rexall if you're in Canada. It was about the same price for 1 there, so I figured I'd get the 2 pack at Walmart for nearly the same price). It blends just as well as a BB, and when I wash it in the sink there's no colour bleeding. My BB bled pink for the first week of owning it and I had to wonder, if it bled that much, what kind of stuff is it leaving on my face? Please remember to clean your RT sponge regularly though, as you don't want it to get mouldy. Try to wring out as much of the water as you can when you're done with it.