Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Reviews

1.7/5

July 26, 2019
    New Brunswick, Canada

Used to LOVE this sponge but i swear they changed it...

used to LOVE this sponge! It was soft and lightweight and comparable to a real beauty blender plus the price was amazing! Sometime last year i bought a 2 pack of the sponges and they were stiff and almost rubbery! They were so HEAVY and not fluffy at all. Didn't blend my foundation like it used to! They were horrible! I thought it was just a bad batch but i bought them a few more times and they were still bad. Go with the eco tools sponge if you're looking for an affordable option!

May 20, 2019

Awesome bouncy blending sponge

Good standard make up blending sponge that applies makeup well. The price is great and it is available at most drug stores and department stores. It swells up in size when it is wet and is nice and bouncy on the skin. I enjoy the pointy end for blending under eye concealer.

May 06, 2019

Changed my make up application instantly!

Not sure why on earth i waited so long to get one of these and now i will never be without it!

I often found when applying foundation with a brush i had brush marks on my face and my make up always looked a little disappointing.

First use of this and i was a changed woman! Flawless seamless look. Feels refreshing to apply, because the sponge is wet from cold water.

I also got a handy little case for it that is great for just storing away in the drawer without it getting icky and will be vital for travelling.

I havent tried the well known make up sponge brand that started all this off...but while this sponge is around and available for repurchase i may never have to.

April 25, 2019

Very Handy and Good Quality

i love this sponge, i usually use brushes but ever since i got this i only use this for my foundation, concealer and powder. it helps to give you a natural but flawless look. super soft and gentle on the face. is a bit on the firm side with a good bounce to it. it doesnt absorb too much product only enough where it the product is easier to build without getting cakey too quickly. i love shape because it makes it very multipurpose but the colour is a little too neon for me lol. it can tear easily if you have long nails or are too rough with it though. i got a pack of two for 9.99 which is good for my area. i highly recommend these sponges because they are super handy to have and good quality

April 16, 2019

I love this sponge!

I used to use a Beauty Blender but they have to be replaced frequently, so it became quite expensive. I decided to give this sponge a try one day, just to see if it could perhaps be a dupe for the Beauty Blender. Spoiler: it is. It feels quite dense when it's dry but when you wet it, it becomes at least 2x bigger and super soft. Blends makeup beautifully, and leaves a very natural glow to your skin.

April 15, 2019

Better than the Beauty Blender

So I bought this because I couldn’t fathom buying the original Beauty Blender sponge and I’m honestly super impressed. The sponge expands so much when dampened and feels super soft unlike cheaper beauty sponges. It blends my foundation perfectly as well as other products like concealer and cream products. The flat edge is perfect for getting into certain areas and I find it doesn’t soak up a lot of my product. Really good drugstore buy!

March 31, 2019

Better than a BB?!

Love this sponge. Works just as well as the Beauty Blender - maybe even better because of the inclusion of a flat edge, which is perfect for applying setting powder. Also, the price is amazing - you can get a pkg. of 2 RT sponges for less than the price of one BB! However, I've had a couple of instances where my sponge ripped after just a couple of applications (through absolutely no fault of my own), so I'm taking off one star. Maybe it was just a bad batch, but I was very disappointed nonetheless.

March 21, 2019

Replaced my BeautyBlender!

REPLACED MY BEAUTY BLENDER!!! Seriously!!! Absorbs WAY LESS product than my beautblender! Blends stuff out like a dream! Bought a two pack for less than the price of one beautyblender and it's definitely worth it! Please try it out! Most places you're able to return if you don't like it, but you probably will!!! I forgot to mention that it really helps to smooth things over the pores rather than push things into them!! Personally I seem to wet the sponge a bit differently than others... I know some just put it under the tap and hold it, but what I do is I squish it while water is running on top of it until it gets heavy and full of water, then I squeeze out all I can into the sink and then squeeze it again into a towel a couple times. I think this may help with how it works for me!

January 29, 2019

Good sponge

The sponge is good, it does blend my foundation and concealer evenly . it is affordable I really like it but it soak a lot of product. I wouldn't say it works as well as the original beauty blender but it is great if you are looking for a cheaper alternative.

January 17, 2019
    Illinois, United States

My favorite beauty blender!

This product is so affordable! This blends my makeup so well and flawlessly. I have a stock pile of these sponges. It is soft and a great size. This is very easy to clean as well