Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge Reviews

Ranked #4 out of 543 in Makeup Brushes & Tools

July 18, 2017

LOVE

This is my all-time favourite makeup sponge. This sponge is so soft and squishy and foolproof. As a makeup newbie, I apply powder and foundation with the sponge damp.

My only con is that it is a little difficult to clean; liquid foundation seems to stay inside the sponge.

July 07, 2017

It's a good blender that delivers on what it says it'll do.

When using this blender I found myself comparing it to using a natural makeup sponge.

I found this sponge applies foundation or powder smoothly and equally across my face, and the pointy end does help with getting especially into the corners between the eyes and nose. In fact, all the various angles of the blender moves things around nicely and comfortably across all contours.

I found a need to continuously be applying product to the blender, though, and then it leaves an artificial look. I also was not impressed with the feel of it - my skin just knew that it was artificial.

Overall this product doesn't compare to a natural sponge for a more natural and fresh foundation finish. I found it mediocre at best.

June 30, 2017

Real Techniques Base Miracle Complexion Sponge

It better than the other drugstore sponges I’ve used and it is affordable. This sponge can use wet or dry. I personally think it works best when wet cause It absorbs less product.

2.0/5

June 18, 2017

Don't trust the hype

I used these sponges both wet and dry and with two seperate foundations and got the same results. The sponges soaked up most of the product making it difficult to blend or to get any real kind of coverage. Even after I was finished using them the foundation would not wash off of the sponge making them pretty unhygienic. I'm not sure what all the hype is about, I'll just stick to using brushes.

June 05, 2017

This is a great dupe for the original beauty blender, at half the price for 2! They are super easy to clean and have a flat side that I love for powder. I find it a tiny bit more stiff then the beauty blender but it's really not a huge difference. I will definitely continue to buy these.

May 31, 2017

This is my second make up sponge I've tried and I must say this one is LIGHT YEARS better than the other. This sponge is of a much finer texture and it leaves a nice even layer of foundation on my skin. It is easy to wash and seems quite durable.

May 31, 2017

Great dupe for the beauty blender. The sponge is super easy to clean, can be used wet or dry and is very soft when used either way, Love the pointy tip, great for blending concealer under the eyes, the flat edge for applying powder, and the larger rounded edge for blending foundation.

May 30, 2017

This is my all time favourite beauty sponge! Not only is it affordable, but it is great for every area of the face. I love how multi tasking the sponge is and how it has the perfect amount of density and softness, doesn't soak up the product too much, easy to clean & works great for contouring.

May 25, 2017

This is the best cheap beauty sponge I have used. I have uses others and wont buy them anymore. This one is pretty great. It's no beauty blender but it gets the job done when you can't afford to buy the beauty blender. It does hold more water so you have to squeeze it a few times. It also absorbs more product but all in all, I like it.

May 15, 2017

After trying other sponge applicators, I picked this up as a dupe to the pricier BB. I started using it about a month ago -- I typically only use it 5-7 times a month. I thought it was great -- it feels great and it works lovely even for undereye. BUT in less than a dozen uses in thelast month, its already started to disintegrate. LIttle bits are coming off it, and the sponge itself is split in places.