Smartfood Popcorn Gouda and Chive Reviews
#40 in Snacks

December 04, 2017

Addicted!

I was craving my usual Sour Cream and Onion chips but saw that there was a sale on this popcorn Buy 2 Get 1 Free, so I decided to try them! The flavour is really addicting and there was a perfect amount of seasoning. Both my wife and I are not addicted to these.

December 04, 2017

Delicious!

A really nice treat to have when you want a snack at home or at work. It was a good alternative to chips, much healthier but still an easy snack to grab when I wanted something light.

The recommended serving size, 3 and a half cups, is plenty for one person to snack on and only has 260 calories. The sodium content is also much lower than I was expecting, and there's even a little bit of iron as well which is always good to see.

The gouda and chive coating isn't too thick, and only leaves a very light residue on your fingers when you're eating. It's white and doesn't stain skin or clothes, so you don't need to be self-conscious about eating it at work or at parties, and it washes off very easily.

The gouda flavouring is a bit on the light side of what I would like, only because I found it very tasty and wished it was a bit stronger. The chive is just right, providing a little extra tang to the flavour without being overpowering. If I could change anything I would make the gouda stronger, but that's just personal preference, and I know many people don't like their popcorn to be overpowering.

One thing I did notice is that it's very easy to eat a lot of this popcorn in one sitting without even realizing. Because it's such a light snack and so easy to eat right out of the bag, you might find yourself eating half the bag in one sitting if you're not careful. For this reason I highly recommend pouring it out into a bowl, just so you don't overindulge and make yourself sick.

June 19, 2017

So addicting!

I was so excited to try this flavour. It is sooo delicious and addicting! It was hard to not eat the whole bag. THe flavours are strong, but in a good way.

May 16, 2017

Oh wow, this flavor is addicting!
    If you like the original white cheddar flavor, you will probably love this one. The bag is filled with large popped popcorn kernels, heavily coated with a sweet and tangy aged cheddar flavoring as well as dried chive flecks throughout. I find the flavor instantly awakens my taste buds, I literally almost ate the entire bag, so yes, I highly recommend this, buy 2 bags though because you won't want to share!

May 10, 2017

At first I wasnt sure about this Smartfood flavor. I tried it and thought it tasted like burnt popcorn at first. After a couple more bites I could taste the chives. I wish it had more seasoning on it but over all its an alright snack. Can't say I would buy it again any time soon though.

April 24, 2017

Ok yes this does taste good but for me it just doesn't compete with the original white cheddar flavour (which I shove into my face by the fistfull!) A must try if you are curious!

April 22, 2017

Oh my gosh, YUM! This is seriously my new favourite popcorn. Best flavour combination ever! Gouda & chive together are delicious. The popcorn is creamy and almost melts in your mouth. I like the fact all the popcorn pieces are well coated. Will be purchasing again!

March 29, 2017

I am a popcorn junkie and this new flavour from SmartFood is the BOMB! I cannot stop eating it! Very savoury which I love. Unfortunately there is never enough in the bag! They need to make bigger sizes. You will not be able to stop eating it!