smashbox EYE SHADOW COVER SHOT EYE PALETTE Reviews
#12 in Eye Shadow

September 11, 2019
    Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom

Perfect for purse and love the packaging

I must admit that this palette was a lot smaller than I anticipated (approximately 4 1/2" x 2 1/2"). However, with the in-palette mirror and absolutely adorable top cover artwork, it's perfect for travel or one's purse. I love pinks so if you don't, this isn't for you. Also, out of the eight shades, there are only two mattes, the lightest still being too dark for my fair complexion to wear as an overall base. The two larger pans ("Fresh Stem" and "Opal Rose") do make for great brow-bone highlighters though; just wish one of those was matte especially since the shades are similar (I think "Fresh Stem" is the warmer of the two). I also like that the shade names are printed on the back of this mini palette because it's just fun (it's not as though I need to know a shade name in order to use the makeup). As with previous experiences with Smashbox shadows, these are one swipe, smooth application and they're long lasting with great color payoff. I always use an eye shadow primer anyway so no creasing either. Keep in mind, if you can't see from the picture, these shades are pink so if pink is your go to like it is mine, even out of all of your other palettes, you will still love this one. If you do not care for pink, I would steer clear but check out other Smashbox shadows then as I have only recently starting wearing this line despite knowing about it for quite some time and I am a now a number one fan. Finally, I have very sensitive lids and have had no discomfort wearing any of these shades. They are metallic, not glittery which helps with fallout and prevents irritation. Just to clarify one last time as well, the two matte shades are the two end shades; the lighter is called "Nude Rose" and the darkest shade out of them all which I wear frequently wear toward the outer lid is "Coffee Blossom" which blends out beautifully. I am also pleased that the palette is manufactured in Italy, as the cosmetic manufacturing practices are similar to those in the U.S. Very high quality product.

May 23, 2019
    Pennsylvania, United States

Expected Better

I bought the Pink + Palms palette as a birthday gift to myself. I thought that since it was a high end product that I would be getting a great quality product. I was disappointed. These shadows have a lot of fallout, they are not that pigmented and you have to really blend it so it can look somewhat decent. I do not see myself purchasing another one of these in the future.

April 09, 2019

Not impressed

I bought this product hopeing for good quality eyeshadow with higher price. I'm disappointed with how much fallout comes with this product. It also goes on very sheer. I expected more with this product.

March 31, 2019

Love it

Absolutely love this palette... It was my go to everyday, good pigment, nice cool tone colors and the shimmer ones are pretty. The size is also perfect for traveling.

March 24, 2019

Great eye shadow!

This is one of the best eyeshadows I have used. I find that it lasts long even if I don’t use primer underneath. The colours are very neutral and go with everything.

March 11, 2019

Great eye shadow

Love this eye shadow. Makes your eyes stand out. Professional grade and easy to take off. Love the different color options you get with it. Would and will recommend

October 18, 2018

Great

Smashbox eyeshadow is wonderful I bought the matte collection and I love it. My daughter visited and used it she also loved it it stays on and the colors are beautiful. I would recommend it to anyone young or older. I plan to try other smashbox products.

September 19, 2018

So Cool!

I bought the Smashbox Cover Shot Prism Eye Shadow Pallet. It is a mix of mauves, pink, nude, white, grey, and black. It also comes with a white holographic highlighter, and an off white-ish holographic highlighter. I absolutely LOVE this pallet and use it every day. I highly recommend this product!

May 26, 2018

Great for the price

Love the pigmitation of the colours and the fact that there is no fall down from it. The shine is gorgeous.
    It blends so beautifully and can even use a finger!
    Love this pallet

May 01, 2018
    New Brunswick, Canada

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I love Shashbox shadow! It stays all day and does not crease. I have sensitive skin and have never experienced any issues with this product. I love the different colours and they all blend so well!