Solo Energy Bar Reviews
#90 in Granola Bars

August 02, 2017

Tasty and Effective Bar

I received a complimentary bar in Peanut Power in exchange for my review, and it was the perfect peanut – fibre punch! It has 200 calories and 13g of Protein. I wasn’t expecting it to be covered in chocolate, but it was a nice balance with the peanuty flavour. Oh! And it is honey infused! YUM! It didn’t taste too sugary or artificial like other energy bars, digested with no problems, and it sustained hunger for a few hours. These are low on the Glycemic Index. Anything under 35 is considered to be quite low and this bar in particular sits at 27! According to their details, it is actually the lowest they have. The load is 5.4, if that interests you as well. I love supporting great Canadian products like this.

July 28, 2017

Solo Bar Peanut Power

I loved how this energy bar didn't taste too sweet. It did keep me full while I was working and kept me going. I'm looking forward to trying more flavours from this brand as it kept me full till dinner time.

July 20, 2017

Great tasting energy bar.

I was sent the SoLo Energy Bar - Chocolate Charger from Social Nature. I absolutely loved the chocolate flavour. This bar is so delicious. It reminds me of a chocolate bar. I like the fact that the bar contains no high fructose corn syrup, trans-fats, and artificial sweeteners. I think this bar would be good before or after a high energy workout or in between meals. * I received this product for free from Social Nature in exchange for an honest review*

July 18, 2017

Does NOT taste like a protein bar!

I received the Solo Chocolate Charger energy bar for free from Social Nature for my honest review.

I'm usually very picky when it comes to protein bars as most are chalky and not very flavorful. I was pleasantly surprised with the Solo bar as it was sweet, filling and flavorful. It had a brownie texture and tasted more like a chocolate bar.
    I will definitely purchase it again!

July 10, 2017

Soft and Chewy Energy Bars

I have tried a few of these bars and am looking forward to trying the other flavours. Most of the ones I have tried have been delicious (except for the White Chocolate Cherry). They are chewy and moist, and taste a lot like what they are supposed to. These are one of the softer and chewier energy bars I have tried. The Dark Chocolate Almond and Dark Chocolate Mandarin are my favorites thus far. The Dark Chocolate Almond tastes like a brownie. These can sometimes be found on sale and that is when I tend to stock up as they can be a bit expensive (usually between $2.99 and $3.50).

June 06, 2017

Stays true to flavour.
    Kind of small
    (value $2.69-$2.99)
    Choose from 3 delicious flavors: Chocolate Charger, Peanut Power or Lemon Lift
    Sustains energy between meals
    Keeps blood sugar levels low
    10-13g protein and 4-3g fibre
    Gluten Free and OUD Kosher
    No high fructose corn syrup, trans-fats & artificial sweeteners
    2016 Gold award for Retail & Consumers choice

May 23, 2017

I have not tried every flavor or Solo energy bar, but I have tasted a few. I really enjoyed the ones I have tried. They are all very unique tasting and I have yet to be disappointing. The texture of these energy bars are all very different, but I have found all of them to be slightly chewier than a lot of other energy bars on the market.

January 16, 2017

One of my favourite energy bars! The taste is amazing! Usually I'm not a big fan of the taste of energy bars but this is one of the best. My personal favourite flavour is Chocolate Charger. Perfect for those chocolate fans! These have 10g of protein and overall pretty healthy. Would definiately recommend this bar if you're looking for a great tasting energy bar!

April 26, 2016

I usually hate energy bars because if it's healthy it does not taste good. But let me tell you Solo bars are amazing! When I attended the Toronto Green living show Solo was sampling all the flavors. I love all of them except the ones with peanuts because I don't like peanuts. These bars are good on the go and are sweet which I love.

March 02, 2016

Solo Energy bars are DELICIOUS! It's perfectly chewy and they have some great flavours. I would recommend the dark chocolate mandarin and the apple quinoa one. It's not too expensive either, about $2.00 a bar. It has 10grams of protein as well!