Prestige Item
tarte cosmetics Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara Reviews

A lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning mascara infused with olive esters to condition, treat, and protect lashes. The lights, camera, lashes™ 4-in-1 mascara could be considered a push-up bra for your lashes—a 4-in-1 (lengthening, curling, volumizing, and conditioning) plus it’s dermatologist- and clinically-proven to increase the appearance of lash volume.

2.8/5

July 05, 2020

Just not worth the price tag

I purchased this product a few months ago, but only started wearing it recently - not makeup needed during covid! I was excited because I love Tarte makeup and had heard great reviews. Unfortunately, the best I can say is "it's not bad." I do like the shape of the brush, and how easy it is to get full coverage, but this does absolutely nothing different than drug store mascara. I also find that it tends to smudge along my upper eyelid while I'm putting it on, which can be a pain if you're in a rush.

I will use the rest of my product, but it is too expensive to repurchase for the results I got.

June 01, 2020

I tried to love it

Tarte for me has always been hit and miss. This mascara is a MISS. I found it clumpy, flakey, almost glue like. Within 10 minutes I had raccoon eyes. Not for me.

2.8/5

May 17, 2020

Not super impressed

First off, I want to talk about the brush. I LOVE the size and shape. It's volumizing but not too big like what I see with other volumizing mascaras out there. It's perfect for getting all my lashes because it tapers at the end and I don't get mascara all over my lids when I apply this.

The problem is the performance of the actual mascara. It's mediocre at best for volumizing and lengthening and does not hold my curl at all. It's also not very black so my lashes are not very noticeable when I wear this. I also get smearing on my undereyes when I work out with this mascara on.

Luckily I only purchased the mini version. I'll probably re-use the brush with another mascara when this runs out!

May 02, 2020
    Illinois, United States

Longer looking lashes

First I love the packaging design its different and really stands out.I love how there is no clumping as I am applying and how thick this Mascara coats each and every lash. I recommend this mascara for the way my lashes look and feel each time I use

April 21, 2020

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I had previously been buying normal drug store mascara as I didn't want to spend too much money on make-up products. However, this mascara is absolutely amazing. It lifts and separates your lashes so nicely and you don't need a lot of product. However, if you do like your lashes a bit thicker, the product does layer well. Normally this mascara is $35 CAD but Tarte will often have a sale where you can get it for 50%, which is when I try and stock up.

I've been wearing this brand and formula for about 8 months now and I absolutely love it. It doesn't flake and there's absolutely no fall out. It stays in tact all day. Note that this product is not water-proof. This mascara is also very flexible and soft; you don't feel like you have clumps of product hanging onto your lashes all day. I'm still able to run my finger over my lashes and they feel weightless.

Tarte products are all also cruelty-free! Great brand, great formula, I would highly recommend!

April 11, 2020

Great Mascara!

I love this mascara! It is easy to use, gives volume and length to lashes without clumping and flaking! The packaging is really nice too! But, Im giving this 4 star because I’m not sure if I will buy It again! I find it a bit pricey, there are lots of cheaper drugstore brand out there that can offer the same result!

April 08, 2020

POP!

POP is exactly what this mascara does! My eyes look so amazing everytime I use this mascara! So light. It never leaves my lashes clumpy. Which I love! It's so hard to find a good mascara. But this one is my absolute favorite. The bristles work amazingly!

April 04, 2020
    Arkansas, United States

Better than most mascaras

I love the packaging, and I appreciate that you get a good bit of product on the wand to apply to your lashes, however I have to be careful or it will be clumpy and cakey from too much product. I wish the wand came out of the container a little less saturated. However the mascara is great to give thick and full lashes.

January 28, 2020

Good mascara

This is a good everyday mascara. I don’t like to wear a lot of makeup, and this one goes on pretty easily with no clumps. I am not great at putting makeup on, but this one is easy!

November 18, 2019

Not what I was hoping

I didn’t have the best luck with this mascara. I found it irritated my eyes and didn’t give me much in terms of length or volume. It just gave me a darker lash but seemed pretty natural compared to other mascaras I’ve tried in the past.