Prestige Item
Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara Reviews

Benefit they're real! Mascara is a jet-black mascara that lengthens, curls, volumizes, lifts and separates lashes for a spectacular "out-to-here" look. This exclusive brush is specifically designed to maximize the performance of the long-wearing glossy formula-revealing lashes you never knew you had. Staggered bristles grab close to the root, boosting length & volume beyond belief. Visit benefitscosmetics.com for more information.
    ChickAdvisor Reviewers' Choice Award™ 2016

June 25, 2020

The best mascara ever

I have tried many mascaras over the years and by far this one is the best. I get it at shoppers drug Mart. It is expensive I think I paid around $30 it leaves my lashes long and defined and the brush helps keep lashes from clumping together. The only thing I would recommend is a very good eye makeup remover doesn't come off easily with my regular face cleanser.

June 20, 2020

SKIP THE FALSIES!!

I originally purchased a mascara sampler and within a week of trying them I found my true match!! The benefit mascara lengthens and separates lashes beautifully and holds the curl all day! Even with just a few coats of this mascara I feel more confident and in comparison to other high end products it doesn’t flake off throughout the day

June 18, 2020

I never give 5 stars but this mascara has proved me to.

For someone who already has long lashes naturally, I look for something that adds volume rather length. I also am not a fan of the clumping most other mascaras cause. The first time I tried this I was absolutely blown away. With just half as much of what I use with the drugstore mascaras gave me the look I was looking for. I will forever claim this is one of my all time favorites. I would recommend 100%.

May 29, 2020

FOREVER FAVOURITE

Omg!!! I’ve really tried tons of mascaras but definitely this one wins!!! I can’t get over how amazing it is, makes your eyelashes longer , and fuller, just the best! Would definitely keep buying it!

3.2/5

May 17, 2020

Doesn't live up to the hype

I purchased this mascara during the Sephora VIB sale. For one, I don't like the brush. I'm not a fan of plastic brushes in general. The bristles are also very pointy and small, which is great for separation but kind of hurts my water line if I'm not careful in application and end up poking that area. I do very much enjoy that the brush has bristles along the tip of the brush. It makes it very easy to reach the inner corner and bottom lashes.

This product is marketed to lengthen, volumize, and curl. While it definitely does lengthen and makes my lashes very black, it doesn't hold up the curl. My lashes naturally point staight out so curl is very important. This mascara also has a slick finish. I prefer mascaras that give a feathery full finish. Luckily this product did not smear under the eyes whatsoever but it also makes it a little difficult to remove at the end of the day.

Overall I did not like the application or overall effect of this mascara and therefore do not recommend it.

May 13, 2020

Favourite Mascara!!!

Great colour, does not flake or clump lashes! It comes in a mini-size for those who do not use mascara daily and are afraid of the mascara drying out too fast. Will be repurchasing as this is a must-have mascara!

May 13, 2020

Makeup bag must have!

I've used this a few times in the past and it works quite well, definitely one that stays in rotation! I love the wand on this, I find that the rubber bristles work really well at getting between each lash to add volume. The staying power if great and the formula doesn't flake, but I find it can be a little stubborn to remove!

May 01, 2020

Best mascara ever!!!!!

Best mascara I've ever used. Goes on so smoothly, does not clump. Love the wand and how it is so easy to use in my hand. Lasts forever and yes it does really look like your wearing false lashes without the cost.

April 23, 2020
    Saskatchewan, Canada

Smooth lashes

This was recommended by an instagrammer I follow. I like this mascara but not sure I will buy it again over drugstore brands. It has dried out sooner than I would like - in about 3 months

March 23, 2020

Love it

I was given a sample of Benefit Cosmetics They’re Real Lengthening Mascara and I absolutely love it. It adds length to my eyelashes that it turns out beautiful and easily glide. In not really a pro in doing my makeup but benefits make it easy for me.