tarte Double Duty Beauty Empowered Hybrid Gel Foundation Reviews

Ranked #337 out of 731 in Foundation

June 21, 2017

Great color match, but not suited for my skin

I found a wonderful color match for my NC25-30 skin in Light Neutral, but I was very sad to discover that this gel foundation was not a great one for my dry skin. It requires a makeup sponge for application, since it doesn't look very good when applied with fingers. It also doesn't set very well and I need to use finishing powder to even get it to stay on, so this negates the very pretty satin finish. Longevity is not good either, which is unusual for me since my skin is dry. It's not a bad foundation, just not suited to my skin type.

2.8/5

May 22, 2017

I can't tell you how much I wanted to love this foundation. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me. And if you're skin type is more on the oily side, it might not work for you either. The foundation is very thick and it felt a bit tacky on my face. I applied it with and without primer, and I could not get this foundation to set on face.. it was all over the place! I even used a setting powder and a setting spray. I applied it using both a beauty blender and with a Tarte foundation brush, and while it does apply well with the beauty blender, the Tarte foundation brush really does the best job at applying it. I found it to spread more evenly and not be as tacky when applied with the brush. The packaging is so fabulous! I love the jar and the chevron design. Although I don't love that it's in a jar, I find it to be less of a problem since I have the spatula on the other end of my Tarte brush. I would definitely recommend using some kind of spatula to take the foundation out of the jar. Like I said, I want to love this foundation, and I'm still going to try and find a way to make it set better on my skin, but it just didn't work for me.

May 16, 2017

I recently got this product when Tarte had their Mother's Day bundle deal. I was excited to try this, because you can only get it at Ulta - no Canadian stores sell it. I love this foundation! I am a pretty good match for Tarte's Light Neutral shade, and have found this shade to work for me across lines and formulas, so I ordered it online. I was happy that it matched when I got it! The packaging is a bit odd for a foundation, as it comes in a jar, like how a moisturizer would. You have to dip into the goopy product to scoop it out and apply it. This doesn't bother me that much since I usually apply this foundation at home with the buffer brush (and use a spatula to keep it sanitary). If you typically do your makeup on the go (in a car for example), this may be a little messy for you! I found the wear was awesome! I have dry/normal skin and it is so hydrating and smooth. It does not look cakey at all. It gives medium coverage with a dewey (not sparkly) radiance to it that looks really fresh in my opinion. I do set it with Laura Mercier's powder, so it doesn't budge. I find it wears well for a solid 8+ hours. I am really enjoying this foundation!

2.0/5

June 02, 2016

I was excited to purchase the empowered hybrid gel foundation but unfortunately it does not work for my skin tone. The fair-light neutral is actually quite dark. It also never really feels like it "sets". I do not recommend this foundation.