Prestige Item
The ordinary Vitamin C suspension 30% in silicone Reviews

September 16, 2020

Decent product for the price

Although this product does sting a bit with application I did find it helped a bit with discolouration and would recommend. Not the best product out there but for the price I think it is a good buy.

July 15, 2020

Works really well!

When I first started using this, it stung my face a lot so I recommend mixing it in with a moisturizer at first. After using it for a couple of months, I noticed that my skin is softer and my acne scars have lightened sufficiently.

May 10, 2020

Silicon will break you out

I tried this product every night for a week. While it felt like my skin had brightened, my acne-prone skin broke out all over, sadly. I wish I could really love this product especially given its price point - honestly the cheapest vitamin C product on the market, with the highest concentration I've seen at 30%. If you are not acne-prone, this could be a great product for you!

October 29, 2019

I would buy this product again and again.

The product is amazing! Easy to use, no fragrance and really cheap. It does burn for a bit but the results are worth it. My skin is noticeably brighter, silky smooth, and the next morning, my face looks amazing. The dark spots have significantly faded.

May 23, 2019

Where have you been all my life?

Where do I begin with this item, OMG I am in love with this Vitamin C product from The Ordinary. I've been using this for a few months now and I am blown away by how well it works, and how much it's changed my skin for the better. 1st of all lets talk price, you cannot beat the price on this, it has to be one of the most affordable product on the Market at only $7CDN you can't go wrong. Now lets talk about consistency, it is pretty think in texture and you don't need a huge amount, a little bit more than a dime sized amount can cover the whole face, I will say that it doesn't smell the best at all and it takes a bit getting used to the smell of it but for me it doesn't bother me to much anymore.

It does sting a bit, for me personally it isn't that bad and it only lasts for less than 30 seconds, if you have some breakouts i will sting a bit more than if you didn't. The 30ml last quite awhile, for me using it almost every night, the tube lasts me for a couple months.

Now the effectiveness, holy cow, this stuff works. I have two hyper pigmentation sun spots on my upper lip that were very noticeable even under foundation, within a few weeks of using this stuff regularly, the sun spots i noticed had started to diminish, now having been using it for a few months, I notice a HUGE difference, the sun spots have almost disappeared and I also notice a difference in the dryness of my skin, it has helped my skin staying hydrated and not becoming an oily mess throughout the day. I highly highly recommend this product, especially if you are just starting out with Vitamin C.

March 26, 2019

Tingle

I bought this from sephora. The price is really really good. Great for the budget!!! I love this product. I bought it because I have sun damage. So I am using it for anti aging/brightening. It has lifted my sun spot a little already and its only been 5 or 6 days. The product tingles alot when you first put it on, it even tingle/burns a bit when on your fingers.. if you cannot stand it though, just add serum to it or your moisturizer. I will be buying this product again. This is my own honest personal opinion of the product.